Extremely shy and antisocial Brahma hen.

19Chicks

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 10, 2012
In a flock of 18 (yes I know 19Chicks is the name but got rid of a mean Easter Egger rooster!), we have a very shy and timid Brahma hen. She is about 7 months old and the only hen that we see her actually sticking with is her sister Brahma! We have 3 Brahmas and our other one is the rooster of the bunch. Now her sister Brahma has started becoming very social.
She will stay alone and whenever I have food, all the chickens run up to me but she stays far back. If I get close to her, she starts running away. Inside the coop, all the chickens sleep on their perches (some on the upper perch, some on the bottom perch) but she sleeps by herself on a stack of hay. It gets cold at night so I don't know why she wouldn't sleep with her fellow chickens. I am worried about her. Her Brahma sister got friendly after I held her for a while and started petting her. I have tried holding this one but she freaks out. I am starting to wonder if she is even happy where she is at. She is not laying from what I know of. She does eat when we get out of the run but I am not sure if she is eating enough. She doesn't look underweight at all.
Thank you for your help.

I have two Brahmas that I got together and they are the most antisocial, flighty chickens I have ever had. When these two are gone there will be no more of that breed ! I have had them for over a year now and you would think that they would've gotten with the program by now. If we have to do anything to them you would think that they are being tortured at the racket they make. So not a fan !

Back
Top Bottom