Eye infection

5fowl

Chirping
10 Years
Oct 18, 2013

My 15 month old D'Uccle has this infection/growth under her eye. Just noticed yesterday and it seemed to double in size by today. This picture is after I cleaned it, there was a lot of crust around the entire eye. It looks like a lump is forming similar to that of "bumble foot". I have isolated her and noticed that her stools look normal and she has no other signs of sickness as she is eating crumbles and drinking fortified water. I also took a picture of her left eye which still looks clean and clear.
Did she just get something in her eye? And what should I do to treat? Lance it? Antibiotics? Eye drops? Or nothing?
Your help is much appreciated as I have never seen this before and the things I did see on line didn't seem to match up with her symptoms.( ie. Eye worms or sinus infection)

Looks like she just scratched the skin a little bit. Seems lucky that it didn't hit her eye. Treat it like you would any other small skin infection, just be careful around her eye. The advice above about how to treat is good.

Thank you for responding! I'm waiting on the Terramycin to come in and have been cleaning and then spraying with Vetericyn and treating externally with antibiotic ointment. It seems to be healing, here is an updated photo...

Back
Top Bottom