Eye swollen

billyjow

Hatching
5 Years
Aug 23, 2014
Hello all, thanks in advance for any advice given. I bought 11 chickens from a lady on facebook needless to say they where lice infested and one has an eye infection. Well i have gotten all the lice killed and they all are starting to lay now took about 3 weeks to get them healthy again. The only problem is I can not get this hens eye better, I have used vetrx, sodium chloride, nothing seems to be helping. other there her eye being messed up she is doing great but she can not see out of it any ideas, is it to far gone?
basically its clear and swollen hard to get her to open it I will go try and get more photos now.

hmmm- very cloudy. It could be an infection, or it could be an old injury. Maybe calling an avian vet would be good- especially if she needs antibiotic eye drops or ointment.

looking back- it's definitely swollen- I tend to think recent injury or infection. May try a warm compress for about 15 minutes with a mild saltwater solution and see if it'll drain.

Yah I have read the threads haven't seen the same systems as the rest, idk I'm afraid to put pressure on it I'm guessing old infection that took its course and this is how it healed. Vets will give me what I got most likely and a bill if it's a threat to there life I would do vet but I like to try and fix the issue first if I can.

I'm going to go try the saltwater and compression now are you talking about Epson salt?

Back
Top Bottom