Facial injury with discoloration

luke20

In the Brooder
Sep 3, 2020
My 7-8 week old Cream Legbar had her face scratched by a possum on Tuesday night (we caught it and fixed the weakness in her housing). It seemed fine, but then I noticed that it is a green color above the wound. My daughter also thinks her face looks a little more red than usual. Is there something that I should do for this, or should I leave it alone? She's eating, drinking, pooping, and acting fine. It's more noticeably green in person. Is it possibly infected?

Attachments

• PSX_20201003_171213.jpg
    PSX_20201003_171213.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 11
My 7-8 week old Cream Legbar had her face scratched by a possum on Tuesday night (we caught it and fixed the weakness in her housing). It seemed fine, but then I noticed that it is a green color above the wound. My daughter also thinks her face looks a little more red than usual. Is there something that I should do for this, or should I leave it alone? She's eating, drinking, pooping, and acting fine. It's more noticeably green in person. Is it possibly infected?
That is what I would think and treat it accordingly using antibiotics.

The green is bruising. It doesn’t look bad, but I would clean the wound with Betadine or chlorhexidene. They sell those at most drug stores. Vetericyn wound spray would also work. Then apply some plain Neosporin or Triple Antibiotic Ointment twice a day.

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom