Fair Price for Bobwhite Quail Eggs for Hatching & Eating

SmithsCoop41

Chirping
Sep 29, 2023
Ok y'all, I looked at some posts on the subject, but they were from 6-7 years ago, and let's face it...the prices that might've been good 2 years ago, may not be cost efficient for today's crazy expensive world, but..

What is a decent fair price to ask for my Georgia Giant Bobwhite Quail eggs for hatching and for eating? When I looked up on Google, average price was $4-$6, but I'm pretty sure that was for eating only, and not hatching. Also, I think I seen somewhere where someone had said selling for $1 an egg for hatching. I want to sell them at a fair price, BUT, I also want to sell them at a decent enough profit to even be worth my time, energy, and effort, not to mention the money it takes to buy feed for them. Currently I have 11 roos and 32 hens. I had only 4 roos and 4 laying hens up until I bought the last ones (younger ones). Now since some of the younger ones have started laying too, I am getting anywhere from 15-20 eggs a day. I currently already have some quail eggs in the incubator, and right now i only have the one incubator, and all it will hold is about 42 quail eggs. Since I want to get something out of the eggs, until I get another incubator, I am thinking about selling them.

I live in southeast Georgia, and I know that would be a factor in the pricing.
I'm not looking to get rich off of them, but I'm not gonna give them away neither. Their feed cost too much to do that.
So, if anyone can offer some insight on what a good fair price is to ask for bobwhite quail eggs, I appreciate it.

Thank y'all.

Not only will it depend on where you are, but the time of year will have an impact, too. Even with supplemental lighting, during the colder months with shorter days, birds aren't going to lay as much as they will during warmer, longer days. That means you can charge more during the winter because the supply is reduced. Your local craigslist is probably the first place to look.

Not only will it depend on where you are, but the time of year will have an impact, too. Even with supplemental lighting, during the colder months with shorter days, birds aren't going to lay as much as they will during warmer, longer days. That means you can charge more during the winter because the supply is reduced. Your local craigslist is probably the first place to look.
:goodpost:

Ok thank you.

I've seen hatching eggs on eBay go for anywhere from $1.00 to $3.00/egg but also as many as 10 extra, included! $2.00/egg seems to be the norm. Also depends on the color variation, Gray, Silver, Fawn or Blonde go for a little more per egg, as well as Snowflakes.
It also depends on the old adage "what ever the market will bare".

Back
Top Bottom