fall cleaning has begun! anyone else gonna join me??

shadowpaints

Songster
10 Years
Jun 20, 2009
Rigby, Idaho
Im starting my Fall cleaning a little early, i dont usually begin till october, but i need something else to focus on . SO today so far, my 4 year old daughter and i cleaned the oven and stove. a daunting task, LOL and now im started, i wont stop for long, just short breaks to rest my ankles... BUT heres the plan for today!!

Kitchen:
Oven- cleaned in and out done
cupboards- sort and wipe downdone
counters- clear em off and wipe em all down GOODdone
appliances- all of em need washed in and outdone
wash all pots pans and bake ware!!done
organize all the cupboardsdone
lastly, we will sweep and mop the kitchen floor

i hope to have this all done by tonite!

Last edited:
How is painting the outside fence, wall, etc? Clearing up the yard, etc? Fun, isn't it!
thumbsup.gif

I'm right there with you. I am doing double duty. Cleaning out our old house to go on the market in a couple weeks and getting settled and organized in temporary digs.

Right now I am

sorting through and washing winter clothes
sorting through and washing coats and jackets
airing out, washing, and folding up all the extra bedding ( we are staying with my mom that thinks 60 at night is a comfortable temperature.)
moving indoor plants around and cleaning them off
cleaning the basement
cleaning the garage
cleaning and reorganizing the pantry

Also looking to put new carpet down in the family room if I can get some help with moving furniture

I'm in!
Pulling everything out of shed and reorganizing
Just now able to give away my Daddy's clothes ,.. he passed away 2 years ago
Giving away skinny clothes that I now admit I may never wear again
Cleaning out kitchen cupboards
Sorting through and washing winter clothing
Washing the dog

Clean Clean Clean and letting the fresh air in!
wee.gif

I'm trying to get the blinking dining room organized... that's also where the craft stuff is, and the non-puter school stuff, and the keyboard/music stuff, and a bookself that's overflowing... made a dent but there's still the bar to do.

How in the heck does it pile up like that!??!

Went through the kitchen a few weeks back, organized/cleaned the cabinets, got rid of some things (donated), so that's something.

Have been going through clothes throughout the year, old stuff, outgrown stuff... donated all that a couple weeks back but I'm still continuing to weed through and get more ready to donate. Every year the kiddos get clothes at Christmas (the next size up mostly) so there needs to be room. MIL is particularly bad about it, even buys DH clothes still... goes on about how he has nothing to wear (he really REALLY doesn't care)... he's got 100 freaking shirts for pete's sake... enough already.

Also going through their toys... I love my MIL but good grief quit buying them crap... they just have too much, and a good portion they don't even use/play with... needs to go. If nothing else in prep for the holiday onslaught... gah. I know I shouldn't complain, many others would benefit from someone that really is generous to a fault, but it's annoying to see my closet poles bending (she already snapped hers)...

Then there's the books... that's MY vice, and DH's but he hates stores so it isn't him that does most of that buying... I LOVE to read, just about anything, and I like to read them over and over so I can never stand to get rid of a book. We've got books coming out our ears. Bookshelves in every room but the bathrooms (humidity) and still there are piles of books all over the place. I really really need to get all of them sorted, organized... may have to pack some in totes in the garage. Store those for a year, then rotate into the house (and a load out) and I can read them again fresh.... eh, it's a theory.

But then there's the garage... between my sister and my mom and my sister again dumping stuff on us to "hold for a while" we're bloody overrun... last time DH cleaned he literally cleaned UP... piling and piling. It has GOT to go. But that's a devil of a job, and in this heat is not a fun thought... n'mind finding the time... DH works full time and has a full courseload, including his senior thesis so I hate to even ask for time to be spent on that... but then it's SUCH a huge job... very daunting. I need to suck it up, pop a benedryl and get to it.

Maybe this topic will help with the motivating.
big_smile.png
Speaking of which... back to tackle the bar...

right now we are building new front steps still have to clean oven out and paint. getting ready this weekend to move furniture in the living room to make room for christmas tree. been trying to sell our 55 gallon fish tank so i can have more room in my little house. i need a new living room set but will have to wait till march. we are also going to build a dining room on. oh by the way we are almost chickenless now all of our chickens are dying off for some reason. their heads will swell up and they quit eating and the next day they are dead. we only have 18 left now. dh said if they all die then he is just going to tear the coop and run down and not fool with them anymore cause he is not able to take care of them anymore he can barley walk now. and it is just too much on us and i cant do it either. so we will be chickenless shortly. thanks for all the friends i have met on here.

I'm with you! I will be moving soon so I have been going through everything cleaning and boxing things that I'm not using right now. Almost finished with the house, have 2 small sheds to go through yet. It's amazing how much stuff accumulates over the years.
tongue.png

Hell no! We don't clean anything here unless we've misplaced something and have to move stuff to find it. I'm leaving all that stuff to the kids after we're gone and are they ever going to be surprised.
lol.png

Last edited:
Right now I'm pretty heavy into the fall/winter prep. Firewood, canning the last of the tomatoes, and putting parts of the garden to bed as I finish with them. I mowed the lawn last week, hopefully for the last time. The closets were cleaned out 2 weeks ago, and we got rid of more old/ill-fitting clothes than I thought we had. Next on my to-do list - wash the rest of the lightweight blankets and comforters, and air out the winter ones. After that, just some pruning and various work around the yard, and I should be done!

I don't have to mess with the garage, that's my husband's man cave. If I try to clean in there he'll forbid me from ever entering it again!

Back
Top Bottom