Fall veggie garden's

lakeshorenc

Songster
11 Years
Jan 14, 2009
Lake Waccamaw NC
Anyone planting collard's, mustard, lettuces, broccoli this weekend? Is it to soon or are we to late??? What else do you plant in your fall vegetable garden's???

Last edited:
I am starting seeds inside this week and will be planting outside in October. My list for my winter garden is: carrots (dragon and carnival blend), lettuce (baby greens blend, and green leaf), turnips, endive, roma and red siberian tomato, romanesco broccoli, swiss chard, cabbage, pease, snow peas, brown onion, brussels sprouts, spinach, long red florence onion, and a couple kinds of garlic.

Okay, gotta ask.
Where in California are you located? I've never heard of Siberian Tomatoes before, but now I'm intrigued.

Guess I need to start looking through my seeds and starting my fall crops too!

Im planting seeds today. Just planted some zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes and peppers in pots. Will put out spinach, broccoli, and cauliflower this weekend. Still waiting for the local hardware store to get onion sets.

I love my fall garden. Ive picked tomatoes on Christmas before.

Peas, carrots, beets, radishes, lettuce, mesclun, spinach, chard, kale, bok choi, leeks, potatoes, garlic, cabbage, broccoli. Some is for fall harvest and some overwinters.

Quote:
I am in Pomona. The info on the red siberians says: Our earliest tomato- this Russian heirloom has heavy yields and excellent flavor. In warm winter/hot summer areas of south, southwest, and parts of CA, can be planted in early fall for winter harvest.

I haven't planted them before so I don't know how they really do, but I am looking forward to finding out.

Ya'll have inspired me. I'm gonna look into planting more. I really love the lettuce garden, it does really well here all winter long. DH LOVES collards, me not so much. I like the mustard greens better, they are easier to digest. Thanks for the ideas!!!

Back
Top Bottom