Fancy - My little Silky Mix? :)

Your roo isn't pure silkie either but they're good looking birds.
Respectfully, I ask why do you say my silkie rooster isn't a pure silkie? I have another silkie rooster that looks exactly like the one in my picture (I have white silkie roosters). Both of them have 5 toes, blue earlobes, feathered feet, and the famously known fluffy feathers. I know they have the straight combs, but they can get that from a birds in the lineage before them, or at least that's what I read online in one of the chicken groups. I guess I know now that a walnut comb is the true comb of a pure silkie? Correct?

Respectfully, I ask why do you say my silkie rooster isn't a pure silkie? I have another silkie rooster that looks exactly like the one in my picture (I have white silkie roosters). Both of them have 5 toes, blue earlobes, feathered feet, and the famously known fluffy feathers. I know they have the straight combs, but they can get that from a birds in the lineage before them, or at least that's what I read online in one of the chicken groups. I guess I know now that a walnut comb is the true comb of a pure silkie? Correct?
Correct. wrong comb, wrong head shape, and possibly wrong body type but it's hard to tell from that angle.
He could be pure silkie, just hatchery quality, meaning not a pure bloodline far enough back for the current birds to be considered pure.

Back
Top Bottom