Farm innovations 4250 incubator

poultryman84

Songster
9 Years
Oct 24, 2014
Quincy IL
Hey everyone, has anyone used the new farm innovations 4250 incubator? I just picked one up on sale. Just wondering if anybody has any positives or negatives to share. I am going to try it out this weekend. I've got it running right now just to test out the humidity and temperature. It has a digital control on it. Not sure I trust it. please chime in. I will let everyone know how it goes for me.

I fixed my temp fluctuations by putting it back my he box. Has ran wonderful ever since.

We just purchased one of these over the weekend. We will be filling it with barnyard mixes today as our first test. on day 18, should we take the eggs out of the egg turner and lay them on the wire mesh or let the chicks hatch in the turners?
We eventually want to hatch quail also. For these will they fit in the turners or do we just again fill up the mesh area? We are newbies to this.

Thanks!
Take them out of the egg turner. I put down that non skid shelf liner that has holes in it and put the eggs on that.

We just got a Farm Innovators 4250 and the temp soared to 120. I called the manufacturer and the representative said to get the black wire up so that it is at least 1 inch above the eggs. I used a twister tie and tied it up to other wires. I'm now waiting to see what happens.

Mine is being pretty consistent through several hatches. Only thing is I have to set the innovator's temp to 101 to get it to an actual 99 degrees. I check it every time with another gauge for at least 24 hours. Other than that, works well and turner is still working good. Have some ducks on lockdown right now.

Hope it holds out for several more hatches.

Mine is running hot. At 97.5 i am averaging 99-100.5 temps when the heating unit has just turned off. So far we have one fully hatched (day 20) with 6 more pipped so far. There are 31 total that are all from my flock so I am not worried about hatch rate as this is my first time hatching. I am just excited some of them have made it!

Hey everyone, has anyone used the new farm innovations 4250 incubator? I just picked one up on sale. Just wondering if anybody has any positives or negatives to share. I am going to try it out this weekend. I've got it running right now just to test out the humidity and temperature. It has a digital control on it. Not sure I trust it. please chime in. I will let everyone know how it goes for me.
I'm curious as well. I've been eyeing them for a while since TSC has them for $129 w/ everything. I will say don't ever trust the gages on any bator until checked for accuracy first.

So far the gauge seem to accurate on the temp side but about 5%-8% off. I figured that going in so not a surprise. Any one else using this incubator?

Back
Top Bottom