farm innovations 4250 temp going crazy

poultryman84

Songster
9 Years
Oct 24, 2014
Quincy IL
Hey everyone,
I have a farm innovations 4250 and am having problems controlling the temp. It fluctuates from 97-102. I have a temp/hygrometer that I know is accurate. The digital display on the incubator is way off. Any way it seems that I will check it one time and it will be perfect then an hour later it will be 102 then an hour later it will be 97. It is totally random. I have a 12 year old hova next to it and it runs like a dream and seems to keep a steady 99.5 to 99.7 Any Ideas on what could be going on with the farm innovations? What can I do to fix this? besides junk the stupid thing and buy a brinsea. I am at a loss. Thanks for all the help.

I just bought one last Saturday. It seemed to run low so I raised the temp to 1oo.5.
Ran steady for day then to my surprise when I checked the two acurite thermometers one read 107 and the other 109. With highs of 120 and 127. The L CHEAPO bulb thermometer that a me with the bator read 105 while the LCD display read 100.
I had already bought another one because I have more eggs coming next week so I fielded that one up.
Called the company. Waiting to hear back from them.

Mine has not gotten that high yet. Still having 5 degree temp swings is not a good thing. I had it ruining for 3 days before I added eggs and it ran great! Then after the eggs were in for a day the stupid thing went all haywire. I have to have the digital stat set at 104.00. All I can figure to do is average out the two high and low temps and pray for the best. Very frustrating!!!:barnie

What gets me is they only have a 30 day warranty. I really was impressed with it when I got it.
One thing I noticed is the fan doesn't seem to put out much air. Or at least not as much as my hovabator 1588 did.
I think I might be taking mine back but really don't really want to spend more on Styrofoam bators.

Back
Top Bottom