Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Thank you :)

We'll never know what happened to our Daisy, but it's clear she carries some bad memories. It's ok, we all do..some worse than others. I still think Daisy is one of the best horses I've ever met. And having lived in 2 different countries and having worked for several different farms...I've met a lot of horses.
Don't be afraid to call your barn! Pick up the phone and go for a visit, it'll be worth it. Hardest part is picking up the phone.

Aww poor thing. :( but very true. It's sad though how people can just abuse animals like it's nothing. Especially hitting a horse in the head, with or without the piece of wood, just cause you're mad or it's not perfect. :/ but yeah, their Daisy is amazing too. Maybe it's the name. :p but wow you've lived in other countries!? And worked for farms!? Anyone interesting? Sorry, I know it's probably not a big deal but I would love to do either lol I love horses. And dogs. And obviously chickens since I'm here. :p heck, I love all animals so much.

Yeah, I should have called right away. What happened was she went on vacation for Christmas or in January and came back and sent a text to everyone saying to text back to schedule a lesson and usually that includes me but for some reason I assumed it meant the new people we had coming in this time so never replied then starting in late January/early February we had storm after storm after storm (last winter was brutal) so couldn't make it and then I just was so afraid it was way too late to text or call. I also thought it should be done in person and my mom kept saying we would go and then didn't. So then I just gave up and I feel like she won't take me back/it was rude. They love me and I helped a lot with the horses but didn't technically work there but I still feel like it was rude to just not even say we were stopping even if it wasn't planned. Also I lost my phone (well my mom did, she used it last :p) camping in May and got a new phone and number. It's just a whole mess hah I would have been there a year that.March thougg. I was really upset at first, constantly asking her to call for me or take me or go by herself, but now I just think it's too late and gave up. I don't know.

But.sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant or tangent or whatever that was. Lol

Last edited:
Aww poor thing.
sad.png
but very true. It's sad though how people can just abuse animals like it's nothing. Especially hitting a horse in the head, with or without the piece of wood, just cause you're mad or it's not perfect.
hmm.png
but yeah, their Daisy is amazing too. Maybe it's the name.
tongue.png
but wow you've lived in other countries!? And worked for farms!? Anyone interesting? Sorry, I know it's probably not a big deal but I would love to do either lol I love horses. And dogs. And obviously chickens since I'm here.
tongue.png
heck, I love all animals so much.

Yeah, I should have called right away. What happened was she went on vacation for Christmas or in January and came back and sent a text to everyone saying to text back to schedule a lesson and usually that includes me but for some reason I assumed it meant the new people we had coming in this time so never replied then starting in late January/early February we had storm after storm after storm (last winter was brutal) so couldn't make it and then I just was so afraid it was way too late to text or call. I also thought it should be done in person and my mom kept saying we would go and then didn't. So then I just gave up and I feel like she won't take me back/it was rude. They love me and I helped a lot with the horses but didn't technically work there but I still feel like it was rude to just not even say we were stopping even if it wasn't planned. Also I lost my phone (well my mom did, she used it last :p) camping in May and got a new phone and number. It's just a whole mess hah I would have been there a year that.March thougg. I was really upset at first, constantly asking her to call me or take me or go by herself, but now I just think it's too late. I don't know.

But.sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant or tangent or whatever that was. Lol
I was born and raised in Finland, now I live in Connecticut.
The only non-horse related job I've ever had was when I worked part-time for a portrait studio. Then left that job because I was offered much better paying full time job on a farm. lol All jobs I've found interesting, but they haven't been huge farms that would be well known anywhere but those particular areas.

You really should give your barn a call and schedule a lesson!
smile.png
They'll understand. And it happens, sometimes lives change and you can no longer go for your lessons. They're a business. Businesses shouldn't be affected by their clients personal lives. If this barn wouldn't take you back, that would be highly inappropriate and far from professional. I'm a riding instructor, I'm also the barn manager here. I've had students that just stopped coming. I've also had many students that had to stop riding because of life changes. I've also had students that stopped riding due to poor weather, but continued again in spring when things were better. It happens, it's no big deal.

Call your farm for some lessons! If they really liked you so much, they'll love to have you back.

Like drumstick said, it's never too late.

It's never to late.......  you'll feel better after you call.

You're probably right about that and I'm sure she'll probably be really nice and understanding and I'm probably over thinking it.

Although now my.mom lost her license in August for 6 months and my dad just had hip replacement October 26th then another surgery in Boston with another guy a couple days later since they fractured his femur (it was his friend so) so laid up for a while so no way to get there anyway. Well, I got my permit in July and he may be able to sit in car but still. That's boring. I will hopefully get my license soon though.

I was born and raised in Finland, now I live in Connecticut.
The only non-horse related job I've ever had was when I worked part-time for a portrait studio. Then left that job because I was offered much better paying full time job on a farm. lol All jobs I've found interesting, but they haven't been huge farms that would be well known anywhere but those particular areas.

You really should give your barn a call and schedule a lesson! :) They'll understand. And it happens, sometimes lives change and you can no longer go for your lessons. They're a business. Businesses shouldn't be affected by their clients personal lives. If this barn wouldn't take you back, that would be highly inappropriate and far from professional. I'm a riding instructor, I'm also the barn manager here. I've had students that just stopped coming. I've also had many students that had to stop riding because of life changes. I've also had students that stopped riding due to poor weather, but continued again in spring when things were better. It happens, it's no big deal.

Call your farm for some lessons! If they really liked you so much, they'll love to have you back.

Like drumstick said, it's never too late.

Oh wow that's awesome! And Connecticut!? Wow, hey neighbor! For some reason I thought you were out west hah, so many people are it's hard to keep track.

But wow that's awesome. If it was me I would have taken the horse job too :p

And thank you both for the advice, I'm glad it's somewhat a common thing and not only me it happens to. I never thought of it like a business either but that's a good point.

I think I will definitely have to call. :)

Although I may wait until I can actually go since there's some issues getting there.mentioned above before i saw your post plus I'm sure money with the surgery and now chickens and everything. :/ I'm determined to go back though eventually so I'll have to call :)

Oh wow that's awesome! And Connecticut!? Wow, hey neighbor! For some reason I thought you were out west hah, so many people are it's hard to keep track.

But wow that's awesome. If it was me I would have taken the horse job too
tongue.png

And thank you both for the advice, I'm glad it's somewhat a common thing and not only me it happens to. I never thought of it like a business either but that's a good point.

I think I will definitely have to call.
smile.png

Although I may wait until I can actually go since there's some issues getting there.mentioned above before i saw your post plus I'm sure money with the surgery and now chickens and everything.
hmm.png
I'm determined to go back though eventually so I'll have to call
smile.png
Yes, we're practically neighbors. lol
Call whenever you're ready and able to go. Hope your dad does well with recovery from his surgery.

Back
Top Bottom