Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Story of the day.
gig.gif

Poor pictures off my cell phone, but these two guys are a trip! lol Two of our lesson horses, Spud (left) and Finnegan (right). This is something they do EVERY DAY, several times a day. Finnegan sticks his tongue out, keeps it between his teeth as you see in the picture....then he rubs Spud's face with his tongue. lol Spud sometimes licks him back....on the tongue....and all around Finn's muzzle. I don't get it.
idunno.gif
But they're very happy together, I guess that's all that matters! lol When Finnegan first came to us, it took quite bit of effort to find him the right herd. We tried turning him out by himself. Well, he left his paddock. Just hopped over the fence. And it was a TALL fence. Finnegan is 19 and was very out of shape and a bit thin at arrival. We've done a lot of conditioning since and he's starting to look good. His second paddock had friends that he did not get along with. He started targeting one of the donkeys and the two year old Appaloosa gelding that was in there. So, moved to the third paddock which was in a different area of the farm, right next to a herd of 3 other horses. He didn't like it there too much either, he would start pacing towards the end of the day to the point that he probably would have gone through the gate if we did not bring him in early. So I felt that he was still missing something. He actually climbed out of that paddock once, after one of the bigger snow storms. The snow plow had pushed so much snow by the fence line that some had gone into the paddock itself....and somehow Finnegan managed to finagle his way out of there. lol I don't understand how he did it, because there's no way it could have been an easy task! There wasn't that much snow in the paddock...and the fence was tall enough. lol But there were foot prints right through all the snow... Go figure.
So, our next effort was to turn him out with the three guys next to him. And that was it. They've been happy ever since! I guess we finally found the right friends for him. As you can see, Spud and Finnegan get along just fine.
lol.png
It's actually nice to see Spud have quiet company also. The other two geldings in the paddock are 4 and 2 years old...and they loooove to play. So does Spud, but sometimes he has enough of the two punks and that's when he goes to talk to Finnegan.

Horses are funny.
smile.png

lau.gif

How nice of you all to notice my calves that I've been working so hard on!...lol. They are a little hairy maybe???...I'll shave them for the coming shorts season...
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom