Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Everybody is welcome here. I love your ducks and turkeys. I love the pheasants too. I wish I could have some but peafowl is as close as I got to pheasants. I love peafowl though more than pheasants though so I like what birds I have.

Maybe she'd feel better with the pinless peepers taken off. Or not! Maybe she was a ruthless pecker and that's why she is wearing them.
I plan on taking those blinkers off in a few days. Reason we haven't done it yet, is because we were waiting to find an owner for the bird. Didn't happen... And we just introduced those young birds to her, I wanted to make sure she wasn't going to hurt them and left the blinkers on. It all went well. In fact, one of the little birds was pushing the adult female around. lol I'll give them another day or two and then I will remove those hideous things off her head. I don't think she needs them. My guess is that she came from a large flock, which is why nobody claimed her as theirs.

Just a word of cautionary tale: I had peepers on two of my RSL hens because they were aggressive. I decided after a couple of months to take them off of one bird and -- RUN! -- she became Godzilla and just started attacking everything in the flock. I put the peepers back on and she reverted back to an amiable bird, but all the other hens were mighty po'ed at her and gave her a backatcha whatfor.

Just a word of cautionary tale: I had peepers on two of my RSL hens because they were aggressive. I decided after a couple of months to take them off of one bird and -- RUN! -- she became Godzilla and just started attacking everything in the flock. I put the peepers back on and she reverted back to an amiable bird, but all the other hens were mighty po'ed at her and gave her a backatcha whatfor.

That's good to know. I never had pheasants. These birds belong to the farm I work for, and live on. lol
Although, I'll be surprised if this bird turns into an aggressive bird. She's terrified of everything. All you have to do is step towards the coop & pen and she runs and hides. Actually...we hardly see her out in the open. I'll be interested to see how the behavior changes once the blinkers come off.

for something completely different and horrendous (I'm sorry). When I got up this morning I checked foxnews.com and there was a story about an elderly Shetland pony Patches,that was a neighborhood favorite. He was tortured, maimed (and much worse) and left to die. I won't go any farther because it made me ill for the rest of today.

Later the story had vanished from fox. But if you google "Shetland pony tortured (Idaho) you can read about the unspeakable horrors inflicted upon him. Various groups have raised $ 30,000 for the apprehension and arrest of perp/perps involved. In the state they are hoping to have laws changed to make this a felony to put teeth in a conviction.

Miscreants like this are said to practice on helpless animals before moving on to humans. It has got to stop NOW!!

for something completely different and horrendous (I'm sorry). When I got up this morning I checked foxnews.com and there was a story about an elderly Shetland pony Patches,that was a neighborhood favorite. He was tortured, maimed (and much worse) and left to die. I won't go any farther because it made me ill for the rest of today.

Later the story had vanished from fox. But if you google "Shetland pony tortured (Idaho) you can read about the unspeakable horrors inflicted upon him. Various groups have raised $ 30,000 for the apprehension and arrest of perp/perps involved. In the state they are hoping to have laws changed to make this a felony to put teeth in a conviction.

Miscreants like this are said to practice on helpless animals before moving on to humans. It has got to stop NOW!!
It's been on all news channels in Idaho ever since it happened. That's usually how this mentality works is first animals then humans. It's very sad to what people will do to animals. I've seen some news stories or on Animal Planet's Animal Cop and Cops Reloaded you'll see a house from a hoarder with WAY too many animals, some terrifying things that will probably haunt my nightmares, etc. It's terrifying see what some people will do to an animal and then you have to think what would happen if it was a person.

There are other things in Idaho that involve livestock and politics. Not saying bad things but just were animals and politics meet.

I saw that all over horse channel. I was horrified.

ep.gif
Humans..!?!?!

What is wrong with people???
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom