Farm Related Photography. Pictures are the best Advertisement!

Yeah I know they're expensive and need more space I'm not worried about that as from my research I know they are of course large birds and can be harder to find. That is one of the reasons we will probably wait a year maybe two to get some. I love that they come in many different colors and I hope to be able to buy some hatching eggs or some chicks when ready. I know I would like a couple white they look so heavenly. Are they similar to hatching chickens? What would be a good sized enclosure for some peafowl and how many could it contain? Also are they aggressive without provocation or no?

Yeah I know they're expensive and need more space I'm not worried about that as from my research I know they are of course large birds and can be harder to find. That is one of the reasons we will probably wait a year maybe two to get some. I love that they come in many different colors and I hope to be able to buy some hatching eggs or some chicks when ready. I know I would like a couple white they look so heavenly. Are they similar to hatching chickens? What would be a good sized enclosure for some peafowl and how many could it contain? Also are they aggressive without provocation or no?
My pen I have my adult peafowl in has an inside of 10'x15'x8' and a run of 12'x12'x8'. It could hold three or four peafowl most likely. Right now I only have two in the one pen. 4 of them are with some of my chickens for now since I'm working on another peafowl pen. Kind of similar, peafowl are 28 days on average. But peachicks are more touchy with humidity than a chicken. The peacock at the zoo near my house eventually just started attacking any kid it saw because it would have kids pull feathers so it became a habit to the peacock was kids that were 3 feet or shorter would probably pull feathers so he would attack those kids if the parents weren't close enough. For the most part they are only aggressive when provoked. They will give you a warning. Females only fan when threatened so if a hen fans walk away don't try to provoke. Also they will hiss. Peacocks will also fan as a threat display as well as courtship display. There are ways to identify the difference.

Thanks Jadyn, I can SEE her now!

Your welcome

Not sure what the price for emus

I've seen emu hatching eggs on eBay. DH says "NO!!!!"
sad.png

Sorry, I forgot to answer but wow that's sad
hmm.png
at least they get to go out briefly with the foals though. How come they keep them, need the hormones to work? I wish were more were adopted out though.

And ohhh thay makes sense then. I can kind of see if they were out of food but yeah I agree, if they're not causing problems who cares? I mean, they've been there so long. Can't just wipe out every animal we don't want around aha
You mean why do they keep the PMU foals with their mothers? I don't really know, that's a good question. I'm hoping they do it for the foals sake.

Java peahen.
Java Green peacock in back and Java Green peahen in front.
What a nice set up they have. I really love those Java Greens, such beautiful colors!

Beautiful peas... wow the javas
love.gif

Very pretty, I love all the different colors!

You mean why do they keep the PMU foals with their mothers? I don't really know, that's a good question. I'm hoping they do it for the foals sake.

Yeah and the nurse mare ones. Maybe they need to raise them for a bit in order to get the milk and hormones and everything pumping so they're willing to nurse another foal? Although I would think the maternal instincts and hormones would be immediate and for the PMU ones it is pregnant mares so the foal part maybe doesn't really matter so maybe it really is for the foals sake. I sure hope so. Or maybe to look less suspicious

What a nice set up they have. I really love those Java Greens, such beautiful colors!

Very pretty, I love all the different colors!

The Javas she sells for the same price as my White peahen I just bought which is really cheap for Javas and when I want to get Javas I might try to buy some from her if she still has them.

Back
Top Bottom