Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

Spring is officially here!!! My horse's coats say so
wink.png
. Everyone is starting to shed out and have a little more pep in their step. I rode the 3yr old the other day and he did awesome for having over a month off and most of the winter. Gonna have one ton of hay delivered this afternoon. came up slightly shirt over the winter. Irrigation should be turned on within a month so the pasture should green up pretty quick. Already has a headstart with the rain we have been getting
wee.gif

I know, I'm so happy!!
wee.gif
My black and white mustang has shedded so much the white on him has turned light pink in some areas. He is known to be an extreme shedder.
smile.png

See, look at that pink from last spring (date's wrong, it's supposed to say 2012)!:
900x900px-LL-26eaf378_1stCard698.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi uh I'm not really a farmer exactly, more of a glorified pet owner, but is it ok if I join? I have a Donkey, 2 Pygmy goats, and 17 chickens?

Hi uh I'm not really a farmer exactly, more of a glorified pet owner, but is it ok if I join? I have a Donkey, 2 Pygmy goats, and 17 chickens?
Howdy,
I think its okay if ya join, but you'd have to ask the management (LovePolish2)!

Mine are shedding too, but we haven't even had winter. Our nights are iced over, and the days between 50-80. We had a lot of fall rain, but that was it :/

And.....its baby time. all my birds(inside and out) are hatching babies and now i have to find home for them.... or i can keep the. *Muahahahaha*

so far i have charted 13 different wild bird nests around our property. they are...
2 western bluebirds
2 mourning Doves
1 magpie
3 Crow
4 Sparrow(3 house and one chipping)
and 1 Pheasant.

im trying to keep everyone away from the nests and am watching to make sure nobody in Denair gets near them. We almost never get nests in town because kids LOVE to smash them. Jerks.
rant.gif

And.....its baby time. all my birds(inside and out) are hatching babies and now i have to find home for them.... or i can keep the. *Muahahahaha*

so far i have charted 13 different wild bird nests around our property. they are...
2 western bluebirds
2 mourning Doves
1 magpie
3 Crow
4 Sparrow(3 house and one chipping)
and 1 Pheasant.

im trying to keep everyone away from the nests and am watching to make sure nobody in Denair gets near them. We almost never get nests in town because kids LOVE to smash them. Jerks.
rant.gif
Thats annoying!! :(

Back
Top Bottom