Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

So sorry to hear about you losing your house to fire. I know lots of folks around these parts that lost their homes in a wicked forest fire that ripped thru here last summer. Several towns were completely evacuated. We, what with all the poultry and other livestock we keep, stayed put and rode it out. Wow, was it scary. The skies were a burnt orange, the fall out of ash, tree parts and dead bugs was incredible. The air was so acrid you needed a mask to breath outside. The air tankers flew only a few hundred feet over head, dropping slurry everywhere. The animals were completely freaked out. Needless to say, we didn't sleep for 2 full days or nights, watching and waiting for the fire to come roaring over the next ridge. At one point it was headed this way, directly at us and only 1/2 mile from our place. But all of a sudden the winds changed and blew it north of us. I am not sure we will ignore any evacuations in the future!

God bless the folks that are helping you out. There still are some wonderful people out there. I hope you can get back to your normal lives soon.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I can't wait till go back to the farm,at the motel right now watching my brother and sister....on the 8th we lost our home to fire. I don't really wanna talk about it. But we just got a cabin in yesterday,and my parents are working on getting it set up with power and stuff and alot of people are helping us get clothes and all. So many great people helping me and my family.

Trying to stay strong...
Lovey Dove! I am so sorry to hear that. You have my prayers for you and your family! lots of hugs!
hugs.gif

Made straw bales today. I have a bunch of scratches on my ankles and thighs
hmm.png
My sister was helping me, and we think she has chiggers
hmm.png
x2

Pshaw...people who are afraid to get their hands dirty,like my prissy and spoiled cousins in NYC,disgust me more than a pile of cow manure taller than the empire state building would...

Last edited:
Any of you folks know what to do if a can of cribbing paint spills all over your junk room?

Haven't gotten much of it removed yet.

*sigh*

And there are NO helpful hints on the can label.

You need to get oils spill pads to soak it up quick... Auto parts and bulk supply center carry them.. you can use your phone book to call around and ask.... then you need to thin it out and mop it with more of the rags.. baby oil might work better than paint thinner... either way it will stain the cement. there should be a number on the back to call and get the MSDS for it to see if there are any chemical reactions you should be concerned about. ALWAYS follow the HAZMAT precautions.. and wear gloves.

Back
Top Bottom