Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

So you don't milk the goats?

Pigs are definitely stinky...but they sure do taste good!
big_smile.png
We milk ours :)

I love bacon lol

I have cattle, a Jersey milk cow, horses, goats, pigs (for meat), chickens (meat, show purposes, egg laying, lawn ornaments), ducks, quail, ring-neck doves, rabbits, red & blue heelers, Anatolian Shepherds, 2 West Highland Terriers, we're keeping the Boston Terriers until we can find a good home for all three of them together), and a lot of inside pets!

That must be close to three hours just to feed them all! :)

Quote:
Well, we have enough grazing to only have to feed the three horses sometimes, the chickens (we have 44 hens and a mix rooster named Skittles), free-range so that solves a problem, my sis works at the feed store so we get some bucks off the dog feed, horse feed, and goat feed. Oh...also we have 5 barn cats we keep for mice control.

That is the nice thing with living in a more forgiving climate.... Good grazing.

Up here, there are over nine months that there is no pasture (unless you can dig through snow drifts). Now, there are some people that raise cattle and horses out on pasture all year.... But their animals are always way skinny, and at a much lower elevation (so their snow isn't as deep as mine).

My sister in Texas free ranges most of her stuff.... But she has to feed some too. Her problem is that it is always so dry down there.

I think living in a "gentle" climate would be nice.... But I don't think I could handle all of the people.

That is really the main reason I moved up here, less people.

Back
Top Bottom