Farmer's and rancher's chat thread!

Hi everybody... I'm not much of a farmer....yet. I live in Connecticut and We just moved from the city to a 3 acre piece of land in East Haddam. I have 2 goats....my mom wasn't planning on getting any until next year but then she saw an add for goats free to go to a good home at the rescue petting farm down the road. I have 5 hens (New Hampshire Reds) and eagerly awaiting the arrival of a Salmon Faverolle rooster. Also 2 sweet Dobermans named BoBo and Lexi. That's all...for now. My mom wants some fish to stock our pond with. My Dad wants pheasants, guinea fowl, and ducks. Maybe some geese if he can talk my mom into it lol.

Yeah! Milk goats are fantastic! Are they milking now? Or are they dry?

My sister has a milk goat that milks great with only one milking a day, and her output stays great for a full two years after birthing. But that is her best goat.

Awesome!
smile.png

No, but once we start a garden we will grow apple and pear trees, and maybe some berries!

But there are wild rasberries on the bushes near our property. A bunch of people will come when they are ripe. I tried some and they are really good!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom