Faverolles Thread

My Chamois, 16 weeks old SF from Cackle Hatchery. I haven't weighed her yet but she's got a big head! LOL. She's got big everything - muffs, beard, butt fluff. Just raising chickens for fun and health :) the sun had set already so she's actually much lighter than in this picture.

Lucy and Ethel:

They go out with the flock to forage and are, predictably, near the bottom of the pecking order (but it's a peaceful order). Sometimes Lucy and the Polish (yet to be named) fluff up their necks and hop up and down at each other. It's more like a dance off than aggression. :)

We are by the way desperately searching for bantam Faverolles hatching eggs!! If you know anyone selling please do let me know!
Leisha Comer (comerspoultry.com) and Lund Poultry come to mind. Given the time of year I am not sure what they would have available now.

I'm getting a salmon faverolle baby!!! I added her to my order at the last minute and she's gonna be here on the 6th!!! I can't wait to own one of these amazing birds!! So excited!!!
1f60d.png

Back
Top Bottom