Faverolles Thread

Finally got some pics of my Faverolles! Here are some of my breeding stock for next years chicks. I've got a ways to go before I can really show, but I think I'm getting there slowly but surely :). I really like these birds, so comical and laid back. My daughter calls them Hobbit chickens because of their fuzzy legs.

Finally got some pics of my Faverolles! Here are some of my breeding stock for next years chicks. I've got a ways to go before I can really show, but I think I'm getting there slowly but surely :). I really like these birds, so comical and laid back. My daughter calls them Hobbit chickens because of their fuzzy legs.
Those are beautiful !!!!

I can't believe they are 10 weeks old already!

They are so pretty
love.gif

So I finally got me some salmon faverolles after lusting after them for months.
But....I have a few questions.
The guy I got them from Thinks they are about three months but couldn't remember for sure. How old would you guess they are??
And two, does this feather loss/growth look normal to you?
I have seen a bunch of my game chickens grow up and they never seemed to look so raw and naked. the boy especially seems to have a lot of baby fluff he's growing out, but the poor thing looks so terrible.
they were kept in a pen with a bunch of other chickens (same age diff breeds).
Any help would be appreciated. I have only had them for one day and I love them and their fuzzy little faces already.thanks!

So I finally got me some salmon faverolles after lusting after them for months.
But....I have a few questions.
The guy I got them from Thinks they are about three months but couldn't remember for sure. How old would you guess they are??
And two, does this feather loss/growth look normal to you?
I have seen a bunch of my game chickens grow up and they never seemed to look so raw and naked. the boy especially seems to have a lot of baby fluff he's growing out, but the poor thing looks so terrible.
they were kept in a pen with a bunch of other chickens (same age diff breeds).
Any help would be appreciated. I have only had them for one day and I love them and their fuzzy little faces already.thanks!

Looks like he had at least one feather picker in the pen. Probably more than one. They may have been overcrowded and bored, or weren't fed a feed with enough protein to cause the picking. The feathers will grow back now that they've been removed from the offenders.

Mine were in a mixed pen when I got them and had also been feather plucked though mostly tails not as bad as yours. I think being so placid they are the first to get picked on when boredom kicks in. Mine started to grow back fairly quickly so yours should be back to normal soon.

Back
Top Bottom