Faverolles Thread

Yesterday's CMBF show had LF Favs!!! for sale and in the show! It was great to see them and I talked to the folks with them. They were from NH and I thought the birds in the show looked pretty darn good. My camera wasn't working at all so I didn't get a single pic. I should have liked to since my son won a bunch of things the little squeaker.

Were they from Weare?

Want to order some Salmon Faverolle Chicks and I am looking for the absolutely best show quality, money is almost no object (but don't tell my husband). Who do I order from?

Do you plan to show? If so I would suggest looking into getting young adults instead of chicks. On average one out of ten chicks from even the typiest parents will be show quality. Then if you get hatches like mine 8 out of 10 are cockerels.

As for who to contact, I'm not sure. I don't know if there are any breeders that ship chicks. I know of some that ship eggs, a few may ship older birds, but I can't think of any that do chicks. Maybe someone else on here knows of one.

I think I am just going to order eggs from the club president, I was just talking to her and now I can't remember her name- head like a sieve. I have three pairs from someone on BYC, but there were some serious problems with the hatches and my poultry vet has advised me not to order from that supplier again, so I am just looking to broaden my gene pool. I definitely want to show and there just isn't anyone around here.

My mom lives in upstate NY and is coming down for Thanksgiving. She would probably be willing to pick birds up for me if there's anyone around the Saugerties/Woodstock or even in the Duchess County/Nyack or North Jersey area who has some birds thy are looking to sell. Heck, she'll probably be coming down 13 over the Chesapeake bridge and then through that area of Delmarva and VA even.

Jeez these guys are harder to get than my ameraucanas were.

Jeanine is a great source for hatching eggs. Most of my birds came from eggs I hatched from her. I highly recommend.
thumbsup.gif

Good to know that I made a good choice to start. I figured that it's never a bad idea to go right to the top.

Would anyone mind if I post pics of my six for some constructive criticism? (when it stops raining anyway)

Hi everyone!

Well one of my favs (one who isn't laying yet) seems to have had a growth spurt and is definitely not a bantam!! Odd that the other two are still small though.

Two weeks ago I moved the favs from their little coop into the big coop, problem is, they are STILL not taking themselves to bed. I've never had this problem before, usually they start going to bed on their own straight away, but the favs just aren't getting it, even though they started laying their eggs in there from day 1. Has anyone else had this problem with favs? Anything I can do to help them go to bed on their own?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom