Faverolles Thread

Well as of this morning i am no longer a member of the faverolles group. Mine was lethargic for the last 4-5 days and this morning she was dead in the coop. Sucks too she was growing so fast.

I have started pairs available, $100 for 3 month olds, $150 for 5 month olds, price is per pair shipped to anywhere in the lower 48. My flock is predominantly Boulanger genetics, with some Merlin and a handful of superior examples from various other strains. These birds have already pasted muster when I culled, at least 3-6 different agesI use for selection. I only have a half acre, so I cull VERY hard and often. You are looking at the top 10-15% of my 2014 hatches
smile.png

An example of a mature hen from my line:

5 month pairs will be selected from these groups, there are more cockerels but they don't like to cooperate for group shots.
How much do your boys weigh at maturity?

Yes try to congratulate yourself that the little one had a chance at life. So sorry! They are so sweet. Sometimes our problem "children" more so it seems.
You're right, thank you :) She was definitely full of personality !

Don't beat your self up over this….it is very rare that one will survive, You obviously did all anyone could. Am sorry, its never easy.
Thank you :)

Well as of this morning i am no longer a member of the faverolles group. Mine was lethargic for the last 4-5 days and this morning she was dead in the coop. Sucks too she was growing so fast.

Did you see it's poop? If it was coccidiosis the poop would be bloody. Faverolles are extremely prone to it. I have a marraduna that was lethargic a few days ago and I gave it some dewormer and probiotics. I was certain it wouldn't survive but she seems better. I don't know if it was the treatment that helped it but I'm keeping an eye on her still.

I decided to keep my SF roo and rename it "Dinner." For those who raise them for meat, what's the best age to process them, or what signs should I be looking for to know that he's ready?

I decided to keep my SF roo and rename it "Dinner." For those who raise them for meat, what's the best age to process them, or what signs should I be looking for to know that he's ready?

mine was just under 5lbs dressed at 23 weeks old, I couldn't make it to 24wks but that's my SF processing goal age ;)

Back
Top Bottom