Faverolles Thread

Kind of upset tonight. I told my husband not to get me a Christmas, Birthday or Mothers Day present because I wanted to buy a pair of Patterson birds from an acquaintance. I have been waiting since the fall because he said he wanted to take them to Canada and then to a show in February. I spoke to him last week and we made arrangements for me to send him a (sizeable, yet worth every penny) money order so that I could pick the birds up at a local show this coming weekend. A mutual friend of ours just called me to let me know that he sold the birds this weekend. Nevermind how crushed and disappointed I am, this man who I was supposed to buy them from never let me know that I should NOT send him a money order.

Don't get me wrong, I love the birds that I hatched from Sah and Piper (totally worth the price of the eggs- gorgeous birds) but I feel like I will NEVER own the big, beautiful, show quality favs that I want and my willingness to spend copious amounts of money on them doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. Sorry to vent but I didn't think that my mother would quite understand my pain
hit.gif

Kind of upset tonight. I told my husband not to get me a Christmas, Birthday or Mothers Day present because I wanted to buy a pair of Patterson birds from an acquaintance. I have been waiting since the fall because he said he wanted to take them to Canada and then to a show in February. I spoke to him last week and we made arrangements for me to send him a (sizeable, yet worth every penny) money order so that I could pick the birds up at a local show this coming weekend. A mutual friend of ours just called me to let me know that he sold the birds this weekend. Nevermind how crushed and disappointed I am, this man who I was supposed to buy them from never let me know that I should NOT send him a money order.

Don't get me wrong, I love the birds that I hatched from Sah and Piper (totally worth the price of the eggs- gorgeous birds) but I feel like I will NEVER own the big, beautiful, show quality favs that I want and my willingness to spend copious amounts of money on them doesn't seem to make a bit of difference. Sorry to vent but I didn't think that my mother would quite understand my pain
hit.gif
i understand how you feel. i keep buying eggs of certain breeds but i never get the good quality hatches. I got some eggs from piper and mine were a pretty good size.

I like the birds that I hatched from Piper and Sah, they do have a good size and weight to them- great layers too. The cockerels continue to grow, they are less than a year old still. I've already hatched eggs from the pullets they are already very fertile. Extremely healhy chicks too and they are growng so fast. They are already bigger than the amerauanas that hatced over a week before them. I have no complants with those birds, and I didn't plan on getting rid of them- I just REALLY wanted to give my flock a jump-start on size and show quality with that pair from Carl.

After going for a couple years without chickens, I am getting back into it. After seeing that Faverolles are considered critical on the Livestock Conservatory, I'd really like to get som BQ/SQ Faverolles. Had a trio in the past and just loved them. Any suggestions on where to get some would be greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom