Faverolles Thread

After going for a couple years without chickens, I am getting back into it. After seeing that Faverolles are considered critical on the Livestock Conservatory, I'd really like to get som BQ/SQ Faverolles. Had a trio in the past and just loved them. Any suggestions on where to get some would be greatly appreciated!
If You let us know where in the United States you are located, maybe someone here will know someone close????

Squee! So excited! Ordered some SF pullets and a couple cockerels from Valley Hatchery this week! Crossing my fingers that they turn out to have good type, or at least be breeding quality. Miss Gossie needs a handsome man in her life!

Hi there! I will be receiving a Salmon Faverolle from Meyer Hatchery in April, and I've been trying to read up on the breed...I read a few items online that indicate they are difficult to keep healthy when they are little - is that true? Are they that delicate? and if so, is there anything I can do to help her when I receive her? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

I have seen it mentioned as well that Favorelles aren't as thrifty as youngsters. That hasn't been my experience. All of the chicks that I hatched survived and thrived just like any other chicks I have had. I didn't do anything special. I did have some hatching issues but my eggs were shipped to me and it isn't uncommon to have more difficulties hatching shipped eggs.

I have seen it mentioned as well that Favorelles aren't as thrifty as youngsters. That hasn't been my experience. All of the chicks that I hatched survived and thrived just like any other chicks I have had. I didn't do anything special. I did have some hatching issues but my eggs were shipped to me and it isn't uncommon to have more difficulties hatching shipped eggs.

Oh good! I am so worried because I just know this breed is going to be my favorite of the bunch
smile.png
Thank you!

Hi there! I will be receiving a Salmon Faverolle from Meyer Hatchery in April, and I've been trying to read up on the breed...I read a few items online that indicate they are difficult to keep healthy when they are little - is that true? Are they that delicate? and if so, is there anything I can do to help her when I receive her? Thanks in advance for any advice :)

I've raised one pullet and one cockerel, and they were both very hardy.

Oh good! I am so worried because I just know this breed is going to be my favorite of the bunch
smile.png
Thank you!
I suppose other's experiences will vary and I haven't raised a ton of them but I bet she will be just fine. I love my Favorelles. They make me laugh everyday with their chicken antics. Sometimes they beat to a slightly different drummer than the rest of my chickens but I find them endearing and adorable. Just looking at them makes me smile!

I suppose other's experiences will vary and I haven't raised a ton of them but I bet she will be just fine. I love my Favorelles. They make me laugh everyday with their chicken antics. Sometimes they beat to a slightly different drummer than the rest of my chickens but I find them endearing and adorable. Just looking at them makes me smile!
Have had a variety over the years but totally agree, They are beautiful, comical, and everything you have mentioned above.

Back
Top Bottom