Faverolles Thread

Huh, wonder who entered some at Topsfield. I never go to the fair. I don't have the patience to sit in that traffic.

I should have extra pullets available at some point. I don't have Sultans though.
i found the pictures I took of them just beautiful

Any input on our 2 week old chicks? These are hatchery chicks from my pet chicken. I've been reading a lot and I know the colors can be very very off but these seem pretty cut and dry to me based on feather shape, development, and color? Both are supposed to be pullets, however. Thanks for any insight!

Pullet?

Cockerel?

Any input on our 2 week old chicks? These are hatchery chicks from my pet chicken. I've been reading a lot and I know the colors can be very very off but these seem pretty cut and dry to me based on feather shape, development, and color? Both are supposed to be pullets, however. Thanks for any insight!

You'll know the gender in another week as soon as they start getting chest feathers.

As far as quality, you just have to wait until they feather out. I was really pleased with the coloring of mine from Cackle, but she's getting gray flecks in her beard/muff, which is actually really pretty but not preferred. However, she's not yet mature so there's still some waiting to go! Enjoy your faverolles!

Opinions on Gender? I'm thinking this is a poorly colored pullet, anyone else? These pictures were taken when she was about 6 weeks old. Not at closet to 8 weeks she looks much the same, comb is very pale not like a roos at all.

You'll know the gender in another week as soon as they start getting chest feathers.

As far as quality, you just have to wait until they feather out. I was really pleased with the coloring of mine from Cackle, but she's getting gray flecks in her beard/muff, which is actually really pretty but not preferred. However, she's not yet mature so there's still some waiting to go! Enjoy your faverolles!

That makes me feel better! I am enjoying them, they are really quiet sweet chicks so far :)
Thank you!

I would avoid getting any of the "red" breeds - Rhode Island Red, production Red, New Hampshire, red sex link - as they tend to be bossy. As Puddin Fluff stated any of the sex links can be dominant.

Cochins and silkies are docile, though both can be annoyingly broody. Other breeds that have gotten along with the free roaming pet Fav flock here have been speckled Sussex, Buttercup, buff Minorca, Easter Egger, brown Leghorn, dark Brahma, Austrolorp, and one of the 2 Fayoumis. The other is evil.

This is Moose. She was hatched and raised by silkies. She gets along fine with them, a mixed breed bantam hen, and all the breeds listed above.

Ooohhhhhh such a pretty girl……….

Hey there-- Is anyone out there breeding LF Blue Salmon Faverolles? Trying to find another breeder. Alternately, we have a trio that we would need to put with a FAV breeder…. Any ideas, thoughts suggestions?

This is my 3 week old Salmon Faverolle Charlotte, now that her feathers are coming in, she is looking rather dark and I am starting to wonder if she is a roo, her black feathers on her chest are my main concerns, anyone have any guesses? She came from Cackle Hatchery. Thank you!

On this picture you can see that she does have some peachy-colored wing feathers, this makes me wonder if she will lose the black feathers overtime?

Back
Top Bottom