Faverolles Thread

Quote:
The genetics book "genetics of fowl" is much to complicated for me
lol.png
its some crazy stuff. I used to breed Gouldians Finches and that wasn't even as wild. There were only a few recessive adn split colors and they usually displayed what color they were to you so you could pick the apropriate mate. Oh I miss them sometimes no one will ever find more colorful birds! But chickens are more fun um ya the salmon coloring has really confused me and same with Splash Salmon! Oh splash salmon I really can't tell which hens are splash and which are just a lighter coloring. AHHH its so complicated
lol.png

ok, ok, ok.....I want Faverolles again......I can't take it anymore........I have decided instead of LF Salmon Favs to go with Blue Salmon Favs (large fowl of course)!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png
I will be looking for hatching eggs from a breeder mid February.
wink.png
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I haven't ever seen any LF blue's! Do you mean Blue Salmons? If anyone has blues is Leisha Comer.

Good luck,
Henry

The Blue Faverolles are pretty but they still needed to be worked on keeping the fifth toes and feathered feets and beards on them. They have been crossed with Blue Orps several generations ago, as Dick Boulanger and Pontious told me about it some time ago. I was disappointed with them and sold them all. It would be a good while when everything falls into place and consisenciency (sp) are there and no "throw backs" of the original Orp ancestor.

Speaking of color, I'm no fan of blue, but I do like the standard Salmon. Does it breed true pretty well? I've seen pictures of some 'off' colored birds posted here -- pretty birds, and some of them seem to be very well bred. So I was just wondering if salmon to salmon generally breeds true, or will I have to watch out for off coloring?

Kathleen

would anyone know if crossing a blue salmon with a blue would that help to stabilize the 5th toes on them while still getting some full blues and some blue salmons out of them?

Quote:
It probably all depends on the quality of the parents, I imagine that two salmon Favs from good, strong lines would breed true to color. Hatchery birds might be a differrent story.

Quote:
It probably all depends on the quality of the parents, I imagine that two salmon Favs from good, strong lines would breed true to color. Hatchery birds might be a differrent story.

I think the quality of LF Faverolles in the country need improvment as do all faverolles! I think most would breed true but I am not sure about LF. I am excited my pair from Jeff Oxly is shipping monday.

Back
Top Bottom