Favorite Breed Poll

All of our chicks are still developing their personality, but my favorites are our 7 EE's. Shhhhh, don't tell the others.

They are funny, sweet, love to be held, want us to experience their new discoveries, and our EE roo crows on demand and stops when we tell him everything is OK.

They take care of each other and are observant guardians for our 18 newbies, coming to get us when one of them is distressed.

Polish, I love this breed! EE's, Brahma, Barred Rock....barnyard mixes, roo's when they're babies because they're the friendliest....heck, I love chickens!

Well I have a mixed batch of chickens of them all my favorite is my Speckled Sussex Sissy, she is the sweetest little hen ever, but my Peaches a BR pullet is also very sweet, as is my BO Henrietta..........so so any of these are great Chickens in my eyes.
My others are ok as well but will explain below after each breed.
2 White Rocks... good layers, nice body composition for meat as well, flighty, and standoffish.
1 White Wyandotte hen, just started laying so don't know about good layer or bad, 2nd egg was a soft shell, she is a bit standoffish, but not bad.
1EE pullet not laying yet at 23 weeks, friendly, but not overly so. small hen but isn't fully grown yet and isn't laying so ?
3 Black sex Links, all great layers, 1 super friendly, the other 2 not so much, wouldn't make a meaty , too long and thin..
1 Buff Orpington, super friendly great layer of double yokers so far has been laying less than MONTH. nice body size for meat as well.
1 Speckled Sussex, great layer, smallish eggs yet, but everyday. She is also the friendliest, little thing and so pretty. small hen, wouldn't make a meaty
1 Sliver laced Wyandotte, standoffish, good layer, hard to catch. small hen
My Delawares are only 13 weeks, along with my BR peaches, and 3 more Speckled Sussex , so afr all are pretty friendly the Dels seem a bit flighty, but they are all going thru that scared y cat stage right now so who knows, they may end up very friendly as well , the Delawares and Barred Rocks would also make great meat birds, they have the largest body size, with the most meat.

Lakenvelders are my tops...I highly favor the gold color even though it's not APA standard...yet.
& my 2nd favorite breed would be Langshans, The bigger & blacker the better...I only do show line Langshans, Hatchary stock doesn't have the size & legs I love.

Laken's are not the breed for everyone, but Langshans are mellow, just very calm & well adjusted.
I tell people who are new to keeping Chickens if they are looking for a pet, no other breed I'v seen (besides maybe Serama) are more of a true pet then a Langshan Cock, not even Cochin or Silkies.

Back
Top Bottom