Favorite feeders and where to get them

Ok guys. these would keep the frikkin squirrels very happy :eek: Any ideas for critter proof feeders? I spend more feed on wild birds, squirrels, chipmunks and a fat woodchuck that I do on chickens.
roll.png

I was thinking of using some pvc pipe for a feeder with a kind of elbow on the bottom and you can cap it ? Look in the pet stores for waterers for maybe small animals??

ozark.....glad you liked it, I am planning on building a few for this winter.

For the water....DH is building a new coop for us. It will be the 5th. For the water...we are useing rain water. There will be a 55 gal drum inside the coop...fed by a gutter from the roof. There will be a spigot on the bottom that opens into a trough...made from 6 inch PVC, cut in half and running through all 4 pens. There will be a small hose near the top of the drum that runs out through the wall, for overflow. At the end of the trough, there will be another tap and hose, that drains outside so I can rinse and clean the trough. When we get it made, I will post pics. You can do the same with a smaller bucket....say 5 or 10 gallon. Hope this helps.

Coyotemagic - I was thinking the same thing. I need small feeder/waterer info. Anybody got ideas? These 5 and 10 gallon buckets would fill my run to the point that the birds will have no room.

For my small coops, these are 4x4' coops, I take a piece of pvc pipe that's 4-6" in diameter, cut it to 3' length and mount it in the corner of the coop. Then I put a pan that's 2 or 3" bigger around than the pip on the floor underneath. I adjust the height of the pipe to where it's in the pan but up a couple of inches. Then just fill it with feed. I don't have one, but a cap could be put on top of the pipe to protect the feed if a bird decides it's a nice place to sit. Also, the size of the pipe and the pan can be adjusted to hold the amount of feed desired. If there are a lot of birds, a bigger pipe can be used to hold more feed, or even several feeders so more birds could feed at one time.

Back
Top Bottom