FBI works new lead in D.B. Cooper hijacking case

I remember when it happened.

D.B. Cooper has always been on of my heros.

Personally I hope the FBI never really identify him.
That would make him real.

BUT....I not saying I want anyone here to run out and
hijack an airplane just to be an hero.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/08/01/earlyshow/main20086209.shtml?tag=mncol;lst;5
August
1, 2011 6:57 AM

D.B. Cooper case: "Promising" FBI lead fizzles
CBS/AP)

Update, 5:30 p.m. ET: A law enforcement official tells CBS News correspondent Bob Orr that "promising lead" reported here and elsewhere has apparently washed out. The FBI had been tipped that a man who died about 10 years ago might have been Cooper. An item once belonging to that man was analyzed for fingerprints in an effort to match prints found aboard the plane D.B. Cooper hijacked. No usable prints were found on the item.

The FBI has not officially cleared this latest potential suspect, but sources tell CBS News they are in the process of ruling him out.

In over 40 years since the Cooper hijacking, officials have investigated more than 1,000 potential suspects, and while FBI officials continue pursuing a number of information streams, the skyjacking mystery endures.

The federal government never forgets and never forgives. Never, ever steal from the government, an insurance company or a bank.

I have heard that they are still looking for a German POW that escaped from a prison camp in the latter days of World War II. They still can't find him, but they are still looking.

My money says that Mr. Cooper is probably hanging from a parachute in a pine tree somewhere. He probably dropped some of the loot on the way down.

Rufus

I am curious how a federal grand jury could have indicted the suspect years ago when they havent had anyone to indict. Kinda like a cop writing a ticket and addressing it to unknown speeder. Wonder if they had somebody in a hood play the part of the suspect during the indictment. Had they waited a few decades they could have hired TV's Eric Roberts. He's really good at those ambiguous roles.

D.B. Cooper jumped into history...

Amelia Earhart flew into history...

I'm sure there's others, but those two jumped into my mind.

They became legends.

Let legends live forever.

I am curious how a federal grand jury could have indicted the suspect years ago when they havent had anyone to indict. Kinda like a cop writing a ticket and addressing it to unknown speeder. Wonder if they had somebody in a hood play the part of the suspect during the indictment. Had they waited a few decades they could have hired TV's Eric Roberts. He's really good at those ambiguous roles.

getting close to 43 years now I wonder if there are any new clues? a book came out a year or 2 about the mystery but I never got to hear what the title was to try to find it.

I saw a couple documentaries a few months ago. The consensus was, considering what he was wearing, the type of chute he had, the weather, where he jumped, and where some of the money was later found, the chances of his surviving are slim and none. The area where he jumped is very unforgiving and if he landed in the Columbia River or one of its tributaries it is very unlikely his remains would ever be found..

Back
Top Bottom