feather plucking, balding bird?

wow didnt think necropsy . i have no prob doing it , i willl look, it just all sucks, ill let ya know,

well i cut her open, sorry i didnt get right back, freind came over and had to wait for me to finish, she had soft kinda pieces of shell i think, , little yolk in her, i cant find any more, they free range, didnt smell of infection, and didnt note before her comb was purple, no bleeding, heck if i know, obvious egg prob but why she died in 2 days from it???? no other wounds i could find, the wierd egg must have been layed by another bird unless she tryed to have 2 at a time,

is there any whey to find out how old these hens are, ???? i did get some cat food for treats to up the protine for their feathers, i dont want to waste the layer feed i have 17% , my local hay and grain store has layer, 20% grower with something in it for cocci, and 22% game bird feed , can the game feed be used as a flock raiser, i have a pan of oystershell for them????

is there any whey to find out how old these hens are, ???? i did get some cat food for treats to up the protine for their feathers, i dont want to waste the layer feed i have 17% , my local hay and grain store has layer, 20% grower with something in it for cocci, and 22% game bird feed , can the game feed be used as a flock raiser, i have a pan of oystershell for them????
I would try the gamebird feed. If they consistently have yellowish, runny droppings, the protein is too high, and you would need to drop down to the grower.

Quote: You could also get the gamebird feed and mix it with the layer to drop the protein.
well i cut her open, sorry i didnt get right back, freind came over and had to wait for me to finish, she had soft kinda pieces of shell i think, , little yolk in her, i cant find any more, they free range, didnt smell of infection, and didnt note before her comb was purple, no bleeding, heck if i know, obvious egg prob but why she died in 2 days from it???? no other wounds i could find, the wierd egg must have been layed by another bird unless she tryed to have 2 at a time,
Was there a lot of fluid in her abdomen?
How did the heart look?

not much fluid, alll organs looked normal? as far as i could tell comparing her to game birds i hunt, crop was empty, but she did have fat on her. all others look good, thanks all

not much fluid, alll organs looked normal? as far as i could tell comparing her to game birds i hunt, crop was empty, but she did have fat on her. all others look good, thanks all
A Mystery I guess....kudos for opening her up and trying to find out.

Back
Top Bottom