Lorraine Forster

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2020
I have 4, almost 3 week old, Mille Fleurs d'Uccle chicks. I have attached photos of their wings in hope someone out there will be able to take an educated guess at their sex.

Beige feathers #1

20200421_133822.jpg

Dark feathers #2

20200421_133858.jpg

White feathers #3

20200421_133939.jpg

Beige tipped feathers #4
20200421_134028.jpg

The biggest one, the white one, was the first to sit on a perch and seems to patrol the crate while the others eat???

With all of my roosters and hens, all of the roosters have randomly placed feathers on their wings. All of my hens have nice/neat rows of feathers on their wings. Also, all of my rooster chicks developed combs and waddles before the hens. So I'm thinking, all of your chicks are female. Just a guess. I may be wrong.

I have two babies. Totally different personalities. Both have little yellow combs that just came in at 4 weeks and no wattle, the breeder I got them from says they are female. The feathers came in fast on one (the shy one who thinks everyone should give a piggie back ride) and a little slower on the other.

At age 3 weeks one day none of them have a comb or sign of a waddle. Their feathers all came in at the same time and in the same order. I keep looking for differences but they all seem to be the same except for one that is a tiny bit bigger. Maybe I hit the jackpot and they are all hens!!! Fingers crossed.

Back
Top Bottom