February 2017 Hatch-a-long

I've always thought ducks quacked and swans and geese honked...

Maybe I'm a little dark but quack house is hillarious to me. Especially because of the addictive nature of little birds. But don't listen to anything I say, we call our favorite type of chocolate Easter eggs "crack" and will forget where we are and yell across the store " hey babe don't forget the crack!"

Maybe I'm a little dark but quack house is hillarious to me. Especially because of the addictive nature of little birds. But don't listen to anything I say, we call our favorite type of chocolate Easter eggs "crack" and will forget where we are and yell across the store " hey babe don't forget the crack!"

Lol, I'm sure that sounds odd to fellow shoppers! :lau

We had to evacuate last week and I took the incubator with me. We came back once the evacuation changed from mandatory to voluntary. The eggs are due this coming weekend and I am sad to report that they did not take to traveling well. I am left with 2 Bielefelder eggs and 1 Crested Cream Legbar egg going strong.

Oh, come on chicks! I believe in them!

We had to evacuate last week and I took the incubator with me. We came back once the evacuation changed from mandatory to voluntary. The eggs are due this coming weekend and I am sad to report that they did not take to traveling well. I am left with 2 Bielefelder eggs and 1 Crested Cream Legbar egg going strong.

I am so sorry you had to evacuate and the eggs didn't make it, but I'm glad you made it home!!

Oh, so sweet! Congratulations! I hope your pips all hatch too!!

Thank you, I do too!!! But after the incubator fail, and cooling these eggs to 73 degrees on day 20, I'm amazed the last 13 hatched!!

I am so sorry you had to evacuate and the eggs didn't make it, but I'm glad you made it home!!
Thank you, I do too!!! But after the incubator fail, and cooling these eggs to 73 degrees on day 20, I'm amazed the last 13 hatched!!

Wasn't it in the last hatch along we were in that a lady told about her broody hen accidentally sitting on the wrong nest for 6 hours or something - when she finally realized what had happened, the eggs were cold, but she put the hen back in place and had some sort of amazing hatch rate! They're pretty hearty!

Wasn't it in the last hatch along we were in that a lady told about her broody hen accidentally sitting on the wrong nest for 6 hours or something - when she finally realized what had happened, the eggs were cold, but she put the hen back in place and had some sort of amazing hatch rate! They're pretty hearty!

I think I did see something then. It's crazy how you can make a small mistake and kill all the eggs, but make a different mistake and still have them hatch.

Woohoo!!!!! I see itty bitty veins in my turkey eggs from @MontainBourbons!!!!!!! Baby turkeys on the way!!!!!
(Nope, not excited at all...
1f602.png
)
Also think I see some veins in the bantams from @WVduckchick

Back
Top Bottom