February 2017 Hatch-a-long

My hatcher sounds like a popcorn machine with how much activity is going on inside! I am going to have to wait til Sunday morning to open it up, unless I can't handle it any longer. Looks like at least 1/3 have hatched so far...

This is my 18th chick and it has hatched on day 22. It pipped on its own but needed assistance zipping all the way. I'm kinda freaked out by the blood and the opening in it's belly. What should I do?

All my chicks had opening on their bellies, I don't know if that is natural or not, but all of them had 100% survival rate, so I think it'll be fine. A few of mine bled when I helped them out, I just left those in the incubator a little longer to give it a chance to get a grip on life before putting it in with the rambunctious hatchlings. Good luck!

I finally candled my four Marans eggs. I think they are on day 14. All are alive and kicking. :)

How on EARTH do you see in those eggs? I can't see in my Welsummer eggs to save my soul.

LOCKDOWN TOMORROW!!!!! :weee :celebrate :jumpy :ya

Im
All my chicks had opening on their bellies, I don't know if that is natural or not, but all of them had 100% survival rate, so I think it'll be fine. A few of mine bled when I helped them out, I just left those in the incubator a little longer to give it a chance to get a grip on life before putting it in with the rambunctious hatchlings. Good luck!
How on EARTH do you see in those eggs? I can't see in my Welsummer eggs to save my soul.

guessing they are candled wit lasers lol I had a hell of a time candling normal brown eggs lol

I use an 800 lumen rechargeable headlamp :)

Shouldn't you pull the dried hatchlings out? That way they don't mess up the others from hatching

Some do, some don't. (I do).

Back
Top Bottom