February 2017 Hatch-a-long

I just went back through the thread and apparently I set them 10 days ago, not 14. So due March 7. I need to mark it on my calendar so I don't forget again!

Mine are due on March 7th too. I marked mine down on my BYC calendar as soon as I set them. That way I can't forget... lol I am now down to 8 BA eggs left on this last shipped batch, because I threw out a quitter last night. I am hoping that these last 8 make it all the way to hatch.

4 fluffy butts out and running. One pip in the bator and several more wiggles. So far the ameraucanas are early and no pips from the orps but that is to be expected from the larger slower to hatch breeds .

Well after checking on the hatch times for bantams I went ahead and went into lockdown mode from 41 eggs only 31 looked good great news by how old they were the eggs were over 20 days old and some came out of the refridgerator. I had two dutchie eggs one looks good the other had cracked and was disposed of my one EE egg didn't make it. So out of 60+ eggs knowing I had little chance at all with them I'm still at lockdown with a positive 50% so I'll know in a few days exactly how many I get but like I said before getting one r two will be a miricle!!

19 out, 7 to go! Not bad for all shipped eggs! 2 with splayed legs. I"m hoping they will fix themselves, but if not, tomorrow morning straws and rubber bands will be used for splints.

Make sure you get them on something not so slippery asap and that will help.

Thanks, this is just the carry box from bator to brooder. They were on a rubber shelf liner in the bator and pee pads in the brooder. But the 2 splay legs I left in the bator. They are the cheerleaders for the rest of the eggs.

Were up to 21 chicks, with 2 pips.

Thanks, this is just the carry box from bator to brooder. They were on a rubber shelf liner in the bator and pee pads in the brooder. But the 2 splay legs I left in the bator. They are the cheerleaders for the rest of the eggs.

Were up to 21 chicks, with 2 pips.

:thumbsup :jumpy Congratulations!! We just finished taping a chick with one crooked toe. It gets around fine, just wanted to try to make it more straight while it's little!

:thumbsup :jumpy Congratulations!! We just finished taping a chick with one crooked toe. It gets around fine, just wanted to try to make it more straight while it's little!

I have had horrible luck fixing crooked toes, but have never failed at fixing splayed legs. I hope your crooked toe fix works, and congrats on your great hatch as well!!

Back
Top Bottom