February 2017 Hatch-a-long

Looking great!

Hmm, the look like real chickens all of a sudden! Adorable and they also look beautifully healthy and hearty!
Congratulations to you and to them!

Thanks for the warm thoughts!!! And another huge thanks to everyone for another successful hatch-a-long! I'll post some more pics in 1-2 weeks when they move to their new brooder (the weather is still not cooperating in northern Illinois!)

Thanks for the warm thoughts!!! And another huge thanks to everyone for another successful hatch-a-long! I'll post some more pics in 1-2 weeks when they move to their new brooder (the weather is still not cooperating in northern Illinois!)
It's not cooperating here in Oregon, either. More snow today! Looking forward to seeing your follow-up pics later this month.
thumbsup.gif

Just put my duck eggs on lock-down. 4:30PM. How long before I can expect some pecking at membrane or shell? Getting nervous.
barnie.gif

It's not cooperating here in Oregon, either. More snow today!  Looking forward to seeing your follow-up pics later this month. :thumbsup

@Cerise1924

I just drove from Lacey, WA to Gold Hill, OR. Just shy of 800 miles! I was so thankful to get through the passes coming home before bad weather (other than pouring rain).

Last edited:
That's moms for you I'm an old fart I get my way lol

Yes, that is true. I have some friends that can manipulate their parents a lot, but mine get what they want in their head and don't budge. It is probably better for us in the long run, but it drives me crazy right now. Lol

Me, too.  DH said no more hatching until we get the barn set up for chickens. :( 
Hope the ducklings I just locked down sell quickly.  I am thinking, since it's March now, they should go quick.  Heard chirping when I locked them down last night, so at least 1 has internally pipped.

Oh, to not have restraining family members and be able to get whatever poultry you want with no orders! I think I found a home for the 8 chicks, so my mom will be glad to hear that. ;)

Back
Top Bottom