February 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
It looks upright enough, but maybe put it in a shallow cup or a nest of paper towels, something so it doesn't get jostled around and turn over - especially when the other chicks start to hatch. Once it starts to zip, no worries - all the fluid should be gone by then, but I'd not let it get where the beak is pointed downwards just in case.
Just added a little cup to keep it positioned. So sweet. It keeps peeping every time I come near. Hopefully it makes it. Thank you so much! 🙏

Three babies out (only two pictured here). I’m always surprised by the colors these little ones come out! I haven’t had one with a tan head and light body before, so I’m I curious what that will translate to as an adult

966D9506-0427-4C8D-96FB-36812957CDC2.jpeg

Help. This one just pipped at the wrong end. Do I need to do anything at this point? 😰

This is one of the local eggs. If I play chick sounds I can see it moving in that hole. I didn't want to leave the sounds on though... in case it needs to spend the day resting since apparently it did an external pip and missed the internal pip. 😭

View attachment 3400154
Basically that is the internal and external pips together. So while it can take 24 hrs from internal pip to external pip then 24 hrs from external pip to zip if pipped on wrong side it can take up to 48 hrs to hatch. So don't panic. So far all of mine that have done this have all hatched just fine on their own.

Back
Top Bottom