February 2023 hatch-a-long

Here's a pic of my last one to hatch. Her name is Tiny. She needed a full assist. Luckily, I made a safety hole before I realized she was malpositioned. She is very small and keeps trying to get under the tummy of the other chicks. Excuse her messy face, she just enjoyed some raw egg yolk. 😂 DSC05119.jpg DSC05123.jpg IMG_1066.jpg

Thursday will be lockdown day for my chicks!!!! I'm getting excited!!! 14 of my 24 shipped eggs have babies moving around ☺️ I've been reading conflicting articles on what the temperature and humidity should be. Some say the humidity should be 60 to 65 and others say 80%. Also, should the temperature be dropped for lockdown? Thanks everyone in advance.
I think it depends on the incubator. I have a NR360 I keep humidity around 65% and I don't drop the temp but it seems when humidity goes up temp drops.

Day 12... I've got 10 lively embryos and one probably dead, haven't seen movement and see possible blood ring. I'll check again tonight and pull it unless I see it actively moving.
I set 13 to hatch thinking, my boys are young and my hens don't like them much, there's no way these will all hatch. Oops! Looks like I will have a full brooder next week unless things turn bad at hatch.

Back
Top Bottom