February 2023 hatch-a-long

I have to lock the room with my incubators and brooder because I also have a son obsessed with flashlights, machines, eggs, and chicks 🫣 he’s ok with chicks but I don’t trust him at all around the incubators/unhatched eggs. He loves candling eggs with me, but I have to lock the room after so he doesn’t go back in when I’m not looking!
I have been lucky enough that he doesn’t understand that a chick is in the egg…otherwise I’m positive this would have happened right from the beginning. He loves the chicks and loves to set with them but he hasn’t figured out what is inside the eggs yet. Even when candling he shrugs his shoulders at me. I think once he sees them hatch he will understand a little better. At least I hope.

A8162FFC-E5D4-4DD2-840D-9AA84BE62752.jpeg

Just candled mine, all are alive and on another egg I rescued from the same person ( Did a second check today and found another egg that was slightly behind, most of hers seems to have all internally pipped believe it or not and are only on day 18/19, then again they are bantams for the most part. ) Anyways, on that egg tonight when i candled it, I saw the chicks tiny little foot moving around. This egg looks to be on day 15/16. My others are on day 14/15, 12/13, and 11/12. .

Back
Top Bottom