February 2023 hatch-a-long

Sounds like everyone’s chicks are doing pretty good! I have had 2 that stopped moving (both with a crack in it) but I gave them a little more time because there wasn’t anything else to indicate that it had passed. Last night I checked them again and there was the bloodline on both. So I’m down to 5 Ayam Cemani’s and 3 Cochins. I have more Ayam Cemani’s coming. I asked her to wait until next Tuesday so these guys are hatching by the time they get here. I’m hoping for great results again. Luckily she isn’t too far from me, so I think that helps. I was hoping my next order from her would have been some Pavlovskaya eggs. I have a Rooster and 2 hens but I want to expand them. Either way though, I know where to find them, either from her or where I got them from originally. We got a lock for our door and it’s up and functioning.

Today is day 19. I’m going to try an extra day before going to lockdown and see if that helps my hatch rate. The last one was barely over 50% with several fully developed chicks dead in shell. These are eggs from my farm and not abused by the postal service, so that’s not an excuse I can use.
That always happens with mine when in the incubator, I get told its a humidity problem so this time i'll make sure there's enough water. Only problem then will be too much humidity but I'll hope for the best.

It does look rather clear but that may just mean the membrane has pulled away from the shell when most don’t. I see veins and you said baby is moving. I’d keep an eye on it but it probably will be okay. Don’t give up on it! ❤️😁
Thank you so much!!! I won't give up 😊

That always happens with mine when in the incubator, I get told its a humidity problem so this time i'll make sure there's enough water. Only problem then will be too much humidity but I'll hope for the best.
After problems with too much humidity I prefer a bit drier hatch and controlling the air cells - if not big enough - make it really dry including laying eggs on super dry rice. If too big - more water, wet tissues etc.

Did you get your eggs from Foxfire farms, FBMcrazy 8?
I had gotten Pavlo eggs there before,

Below are the 7, I am keeping so far, middle left is the newest chick. My neighbor picked up the others.
2laa.PNG

My next lock down has those 2 undated dark green eggs that I tried to lockdown on Sunday. I think I am giving them the same lock down day as these other eggs, on Friday.
I will have the incubator they get moved to ready, if they have to go in sooner, I will. (8)

2 la.PNG

Did you get your eggs from Foxfire farms, FBMcrazy 8?
I had gotten Pavlo eggs there before,

Below are the 7, I am keeping so far, middle left is the newest chick. My neighbor picked up the others.
View attachment 3405945

My next lock down has those 2 undated dark green eggs that I tried to lockdown on Sunday. I think I am giving them the same lock down day as these other eggs, on Friday.
I will have the incubator they get moved to ready, if they have to go in sooner, I will. (8)

View attachment 3405946
No actually I didn’t. I know that the 2 Ayam Cemani rooster and the Pavlovskaya’s parents are from Greenfire Farms. I though found Briar Bend Farm. She is awesome and I was really happy with the packing and communication I have been able to have with her. Where I got those breeds from though, I would be willing to get some eggs or even babies from them as well. I got to see where they came from and they care they have.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom