February 2023 hatch-a-long

Incubator in the bedroom was all fun until a sassy loud buff Orpington hatches and won’t stop screaming her head off.
2 jersey giants pipped
No pips on the svart hona :( or the aseel
LOL sounds like me with my Jan hatch. Dec. hatch was fine with it in my room. then came Jan and one woke me up from a sound sleep when it hatched as it was peeping so loud!!!!!!
Debating on doing it in my room (that is a bit colder than the rest of the house and I think is why my incubator may have struggled with temp a bit) or move them to my kitchen counter where it was last summer..... the problem is my dog is MUCH bigger this year so afraid he may be able to reach them if on the counter...... and I don't have a ton of counter space so it does take up quite a bit of that. So something over the next week I need to really think on. Both have advantages and disadvantages.......

so many babies hatching!!!!!!!!! Making me so happy and also sad since I don't have any babies. LOL Feels like FOREVER since I hatched "mine" but it hasn't been long at all. but I have no chicks to play with and see! Can't wait for MY eggs to come and hatch those so then I have chicks to play with!!!!!!! LOL I still have over a month till they will hatch and a bit over a week till I get them.......... ho hummmmmmmm

Incubator in the bedroom was all fun until a sassy loud buff Orpington hatches and won’t stop screaming her head off.
2 jersey giants pipped
No pips on the svart hona :( or the aseel
I also have an incubator in the bedroom and i love the idea 😉 Fortunately, most od them came out before i went to bed. Only one Australorp jumped out at night and started streaming like crazy. Big chicks can be realy loud 😅

My backyard mix eggs are due on Saturday. I marked the air cells last night and this morning they definitely look bigger and more slopped but theres still so much space in them 🤔 they are big eggs though, well, most od them. Still, i think one has pipped internally and i can swear i heard a chirp 🙊
Edit: it's pipped externally so i decided to increase humidity which I had been keeping low since the first hatch was over.

Last edited:
5616CD24-062A-479F-9CAB-32C6A56F54AB.jpeg

Good morning!

I also have an incubator in the bedroom and i love the idea 😉 Fortunately, most od them came out before i went to bed. Only one Australorp jumped out at night and started streaming like crazy. Big chicks can be realy loud 😅
Mine is the bedroom as well haha- And its the big chicks that are loud? Well then I'm glad i have bantams this time- Only problem is I've never sucessfully hatched bantams before, especially in the incubator. 🥲.

Back
Top Bottom