February 2023 hatch-a-long

Another baby hatched overnight and one is currently starting to zip!! Woohoo! All 4 that looked super strong appear to be hatching. The two that made it to lockdown and DIS were my "maybes" when I first candled. Very slow to develop, very weak veining...I'm surprised they made it to lockdown to be honest. So not too bad, but still only about 50% fertility at the moment.

@dominiquePL they are self-blue (lavender) d'Anvers! Part of the reason for this fertility check was to see who was mating the egg layer. I have a breeding pair of the lavenders and so I know now that they are the only ones currently successful and laying! Yay!
That's fantastic!!! 💪💪💪

Put my last six eggs (mystery farm eggs) into lockdown. Today is day 18. This is a staggered hatch and I kept the humidity very low 25ish percent after the last hatch so the air cells could catch up. One egg is so large I’m wondering if it’s a duck egg. 😂

An EE poof ball hatchery chick (we did half hatching eggs and half hatchery day olds) and some chicks enjoying their “mother hen” cave.

Attachments

• 1762CC1B-9522-4F30-83B4-5235309FADB4.jpeg
    1762CC1B-9522-4F30-83B4-5235309FADB4.jpeg
    434.1 KB · Views: 1
  • A8E7C52A-DE9C-4E9A-904D-EEE9E2B1643A.jpeg
    A8E7C52A-DE9C-4E9A-904D-EEE9E2B1643A.jpeg
    409.6 KB · Views: 1
Put my last six eggs (mystery farm eggs) into lockdown. Today is day 18. This is a staggered hatch and I kept the humidity very low 25ish percent after the last hatch so the air cells could catch up. One egg is so large I’m wondering if it’s a duck egg. 😂

An EE poof ball hatchery chick (we did half hatching eggs and half hatchery day olds) and some chicks enjoying their “mother hen” cave.
Great idea with the cave 👏I'm using a cardboard box where they hide, rest and warm up (there's a heating cable there). They love it!

Adorable 🥰

Back
Top Bottom