February 2023 hatch-a-long

Is this an internal pip or what? day 19. I didn't hear chirping but im not sure whats this in the air sac- The chick is moving. Been like this since last night.
20230217_195606~2.jpg

Is this an internal pip or what? day 19. I didn't hear chirping but im not sure whats this in the air sac- The chick is moving. Been like this since last night.
View attachment 3408336
No, internal pip looks just like a beak...because, well, it is a beak. This is just the chicks body but not sure which part (shoulders maybe 🤔). An internal pip will apear on the other side - where they slope is the deepest and so that side should be up.

I think i'm going to lose one of my silkie chicks - the one that hatched last with my assistance. She was perky and running about but she isn't eating. I can tell she's hungry - she's constantly running after other chicks watching them eat and trying but she just can't figure it out. She's not well coordinated, maybe because she's weak. Falling over. Chirping all the time. I just gave her some wet feed - it was easier for her to peck at the right place. But i don't think it was a lot - she soon started running after other chicks again. She's drinking but i think only when other chicks are drinking. She pooped this morning but it was small.

I don't think it makes any sense to intervene anymore 😟 tell me what you think please...

I think i'm going to lose one of my silkie chicks - the one that hatched last with my assistance. She was perky and running about but she isn't eating. I can tell she's hungry - she's constantly running after other chicks watching them eat and trying but she just can't figure it out. She's not well coordinated, maybe because she's weak. Falling over. Chirping all the time. I just gave her some wet feed - it was easier for her to peck at the right place. But i don't think it was a lot - she soon started running after other chicks again. She's drinking but i think only when other chicks are drinking. She pooped this morning but it was small.

I don't think it makes any sense to intervene anymore 😟 tell me what you think please...
I’m so sorry. I have the same feeling over the one I assisted “Tiny.” She is small and shakes her head a lot. I tried feeding yolk and electrolytes for a few days. She seems off. Sadly, she has turned into a bully and pecks at the down and feathers of everyone else.

I'm two days from lockdown on 7 eggs in my brinsea mini adv. All the eggs look great today besides one super dark welsummer egg. I'll water candle it in two days. Getting excite!!!! Excites to make babies from my cal whites they lay eggs every single day. Haven't stopped once since they started in August.

Back
Top Bottom