February 2023 hatch-a-long

I have an egg that hasn't pipped yet but it's moving around and peeping like crazy. How do I know when I need to make a safety hole and help it? Today is day 21. Thanks!

I have an egg that hasn't pipped yet but it's moving around and peeping like crazy. How do I know when I need to make a safety hole and help it? Today is day 21. Thanks!
That means it has internally pipped and should pip from next 12-24 hours after it first started chirping- At least i think thats how that works. It should pip soon otherwise.

I can't help but worry about this chick. It still wont hold its head up, is chirping excessively and sometimes it will flap its wings uncontrollably making a stress call while it does it. It does have strength in its legs as ive tried holding him up and he'll press up against the ground.
View attachment 3410005
Just found it on the opposite side of the brooder, not sure if it rolled its way over there or got up and walked. But it moved otherwise

Look what i found- Gave him a formula for chickens that included electrolytes and an hour later look what we have-
20230219_172859.jpg

First chick finally hatched!!!! Yaaaayyyyy! However, it keeps pushing the other eggs all over the place. One of the eggs that had a pretty large pip got knocked completely upside down and now has its beak hanging out of the shell upside down. Do I quickly flip the egg back up? Or should I not risk a shrink wrapping it?

Attachments

• PXL_20230219_223125826.jpg
    PXL_20230219_223125826.jpg
    262.2 KB · Views: 4
First chick finally hatched!!!! Yaaaayyyyy! However, it keeps pushing the other eggs all over the place. One of the eggs that had a pretty large pip got knocked completely upside down and now has its beak hanging out of the shell upside down. Do I quickly flip the egg back up? Or should I not risk a shrink wrapping it?
Nevermind, I was able to lightly roll it back by slightly tilting the incubator 😂

Back
Top Bottom