February 2023 hatch-a-long

of my day 20 lock down eggs, my most recent lock down, ( I set 8) including this hatching chick, 4 are out, the 2 above are zipping, and I put 2 in another incubator, they didn't have the draw down, and were not ready.
1sai.PNG

1sak.PNG

Rope keeps the eggs from getting kicked about and the eggs in the upright position.

Five of my mystery farm eggs have now hatched. I was worried about this hatch because I’m a newbie and this was the staggered hatch. They did fine! Incubated at 20-25% after lockdown 1 and the air cells caught up to where they should be.

Two have dried (pictures below). Any guesses to what color the feathers will be as an adult? The small one is a very light grayish/cream and darker gray in the face. She came from a light brown egg and the mottled one came from a green egg. I decided not to assist any of these and so far they are doing fine on their own. One left to go. 😭

DSC05153.jpg
DSC05151.jpg DSC05154.jpg

Last edited:
Five of my mystery farm eggs have now hatched. I was worried about this hatch because I’m a newbie and this was the staggered hatch. They did fine! Incubated at 20-25% after lockdown 1 and the air cells caught up to where they should be.

Two have dried (pictures below). Any guesses to what color the feathers will be as an adult? The small one is a very light grayish/cream and darker gray in the face. She came from a light brown egg and the mottled one came from a green egg. I decided not to assist any of these and so far they are doing fine on their own. One left to go. 😭

View attachment 3410158
View attachment 3410160View attachment 3410159
Adorable 🥰

Ok everyone, sorry for so many questions! This chocolate egg pipped last night around 8pm. Since 5am this morning, no progress but I can see it moving. It's not almost 5pm with no progress. At what point do I assist? If it goes more than 24 hours? Or should I give it more time and if it still hasn't made progress tomorrow morning then intervene ?

Ok everyone, sorry for so many questions! This chocolate egg pipped last night around 8pm. Since 5am this morning, no progress but I can see it moving. It's not almost 5pm with no progress. At what point do I assist? If it goes more than 24 hours? Or should I give it more time and if it still hasn't made progress tomorrow morning then intervene ?
Here's the pic

Attachments

• PXL_20230220_004923087.jpg
    PXL_20230220_004923087.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 3
I'm a newbie, but I wait 24 hours with an external pip. Sometimes you can see their little beak doing chewing motions so you know they are still absorbing the yolk.

View attachment 3410158
View attachment 3410160View attachment 3410159
You did so well!!! Beautiful chicks ❤️❤️❤️
No idea about the colours 🤷 i can't wait for mine to feather to see what colours appear :)

Back
Top Bottom