February 2023 hatch-a-long

Help!!! I have a chick that pipped 38 hours ago. After 26 hours, I tried to open the hole a little more and it started to bleed. This morning at hour 38 I tried to zip a little more and it started bleeding so I stopped. It's still in there moving and peeping. What do I do?
Oh, hang on there... It is so tough... If you want to intervene open the egg from the air cell only. Mark where it is and don't go over this line. Do not touch the inner membrane (covering the chick) before you check the situation with blood vessels there. Is it doing this eating-like movements with his beak? If yes don't do anything before it stops that.
Good luck!

D4902CBF-9320-4CB9-B17A-E11226E57363.jpeg

Barred Rock chick is next to hatch. Two more wiggling eggs and one that looked good a lockdown to go.

My older (week and 1/2) ones are now in a different brooder where I don't have to smell'm. (6) I kept my younger ones (7) in and they seem livelier now the younger ones (under a week) are getting lively too.
Another reason I like older chicks in separate brooder, is they poop alot, and young ones need to learn to eat, and may give up if they get a mouth full of poo by accident. Below are the newer chicks enjoying their space.
1zd.PNG

1zl.PNG

1ze.PNG

1zf.PNG

1zg.PNG

1zh.PNG

1zi.PNG

1zj.PNG

1zk.PNG

1zm.PNG

1zn.PNG

1zo.PNG

Even though the NN was kinda older, she was gentle so she got to stay.

Oh, hang on there... It is so tough... If you want to intervene open the egg from the air cell only. Mark where it is and don't go over this line. Do not touch the inner membrane (covering the chick) before you check the situation with blood vessels there. Is it doing this eating-like movements with his beak? If yes don't do anything before it stops that.
Good luck!
Thank you so much! Yes it's still making eating like movements with it's break.... Just seems weird after almost 40 hours now after the pip. I'll give it until tonight and try again to peel back some shell. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom