February 2023 hatch-a-long

My daughter gave me her pretend chicken. The chicks love it.
IMG_5141.JPG

Just went into lockdown. I saw movement in three, the two brown were too dark still and the other two I could see forms but no movement... but veins looked good so i locked them all down.

One I think may have quit or was sleeping no movement at ALL. But it wasn't cloudy and no blood ring no smell so I went for it.

Here goes my first hatch ever!
I had 1 out of my 3 lockdown eggs that was not moving, pitch black, its probably ok, because turns out it internally pipped!

Thank you so much! Yes it's still making eating like movements with it's break.... Just seems weird after almost 40 hours now after the pip. I'll give it until tonight and try again to peel back some shell. Thanks again!
You know, there is usually a reason why they don't hatch. Just in case something goes wrong... Still, so difficult to leave them with no help. But with hindsight, I regret I assisted my silkie because i had to cull her later on and it was really tough to do.

I just opened the last egg. Well my husband did while I covered my eyes and cringed.🤦🏻‍♀️ I did bury her in the garden under our mist flower patch. It was a beautiful fully developed lavender chick that died on Day 14/15.😩 That was our last egg. Time to clean and store the bator. Overall it was a wonderful experience. I’ll be looking forward to hearing how all the remaining hatches go and seeing all the cute pics!

My battle with air cells is won 💪💪💪 the first lines of the cells are from 3 days ago so i had to act quickly.
The eggs were really waxy. Staggered hatch didn't help either. But they are ready now
🙂 appart from the pointy egg which i don't count on anyway. Water added. 1 internal pip. Here we go again 😅😅😅

Attachments

• IMG_20230221_043600.jpg
    IMG_20230221_043600.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20230221_043612.jpg
    IMG_20230221_043612.jpg
    280.7 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom