February 2023 hatch-a-long

I just got the larger part of the egg shell out to make room for the others to hatch. Question, is this normal? The other times I’ve hatched eggs Ive never seen so many blood vessels that where full of blood still.
image.jpg

70%. That’s the only spot of condensation… there’s a box to prop up a camera right there that seems to be causing it. I moved it back an inch and the condensation went away.
not sure what others do for humidity. that is an NR360 right? I keep mine around 65% for hatch. think that is what a lot do with that incubator. sure 70 is fine too. GL!!!!!!!!

I just got the larger part of the egg shell out to make room for the others to hatch. Question, is this normal? The other times I’ve hatched eggs Ive never seen so many blood vessels that where full of blood still.View attachment 3413889
think it is pretty normal. I was shocked at the blood vessels still left. I think as the shell sits in the incubator they aren't as red so where you took it out kind of quick maybe that is why they seem more red???

Ah probably, thanks! I just wanted to make sure, as I heard they can bleed out of they cut the vessel.
you would see actual blood leaking out if one was pipped into. but yes they can if you assist and break one or if they pip into it before they are ready. I am guessing they must recede back enough when they hatch so that it is safe? not sure as that confused me when I noticed it. LOL

Looks fine.
I sold one of my incubators. It will slow me down, but not stop me from hatching. I am controling myself.
it was my incubator I use up until day 18.
gfc.PNG

Store wanted $129 for the whole set up now (turner and fan), I sold it for $60, but had not hatched in incubator. Still had the box, and instructions, thermometer.

you would see actual blood leaking out if one was pipped into. but yes they can if you assist and break one or if they pip into it before they are ready. I am guessing they must recede back enough when they hatch so that it is safe? not sure as that confused me when I noticed it. LOL
Im not sure either, I need to research that. Im curious on how they prevent bleeding out. And thanks!

Back
Top Bottom