Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
Ok I said I would post pic's of my Sun -Mon hatch when I got over the flu. Stomach is much better, but my head still felt LaLaLoopsie today. Tried to get them backed against the cabinet, but they weren't having that. They all wanted to take off in different directions. Here's the best I've got.

Ok I said I would post pic's of Sun -Mon hatch when I got over the flu. Stomach is much better, but my head still felt LaLaLoopsie today. Tried to get them backed against the cabinet, but they weren't having that. They all wanted to take of in deferential directions. Here's the best I've got.

Bekkan, can you spell out the breeds for me. Just curious. Also I noticed some have patches on their heads...are these sexlinked? Congrats on your cuties!!
The NJs are Norwegian Jaerhons, and then IABs are Iowa Blue's. Sorry about that. I'm a vet tech and abbreviations are just habit! Moved the last Iowa Blue to the brooder but it's hunkered down under the plate. Can't blame it at all! The others are exploring the food plate again. They're not much interested in water yet which surprises me. It's fun to watch them go back under the plate and nod off... Have one NJ egg scheduled to hatch next Tues (newbie enthusiasm mistake after my first clear egg from this first batch) and 7 more in two weeks. Need to organize eggs so I have something for the March HAL and the Easter HAL! Or.... someone can *stop me*!!!! : ) I do wish spring would start to arrive... 32 degrees is going to be shorts and t-shirt weather at this rate.

Good luck to all the current pippers and zippers!!!

Well hatching is done. Out of 23 eggs that went into lock down. I had 20 hatch :) left the last 3 in for an extra day buy no progress so in cracked em open and they had died sometime after lock down. No pips at all.
Anyway here's the rest.

4 Buff Orpington X Lavender Orpington's

2 lavender orpington X barred Rock. Their sex linked. One has a white head spot and the other has a black head :)

4 chocolate Orpington's

And 6 BBS ameraucanas and 4 easter Eggers.

So cute

I must say that I am impressed with everyone's ability to keep track of each egg and quickly remove chicks! I hope I can do the same. Is anyone marking/banding chicks when they come out? If so what are you successfully using and where did you get it?
I put up a fence in my incubator: trying to keep them separated. Went to bed last night with 3/12 hatched at 20 days, 5 hours. By morning 8 were out and flopping all over and squeezing through my fence. They all look pretty much the same to me ( BCM X EE, BR, and RIR). Should be able to figure it out though since the EEs are all tiny (hatched from pullet eggs with 45 grams being the largest). 2 more were zipped a little this morning and have not made much progress throughout the day. Hopefully, they are hatched come morning and I won't need to help them. The last 2 havent pipped.

After work I got home to 1 more pip, no more improvement on the first 2 and one whole little guy popping right out! I am so happy about the timing. First time hatching and I got to see the first one! Literally within 4 minutes of me walking in the door. 

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom