Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
No action here. Day 21..Bad day today though~ Got my Greenfire shipment and most didn't make the cold even with a lot of heat packing and body heat. It's time for bed...praying to wake up to a few chirps. 

Hope you all are staying warm and have lots of cute chicks to snuggle with!
Sorry honey, Greenfire will replace I'm sure, not that that makes it easier. Keeping fingers crossed that you have some pips or chicks when you wake up tomorrow.

Got a pip in one of the White Marans eggs!
wee.gif

Can they all really hatch that early? Friend collected for me in AM freshly laid eggs that AM and I places them in bator and today I have 7 out of 11 hatched with the other 4 coming out currently. And its not even hatch day and they mostly started yesterday. O followed a spread sheet I made so I know I didn't skip days and miscount. First time hatching so just curious if it is common to have such early Hatchers.

Just to clarify- rather than counting days, sometimes it's helpful to remember that hatch day is the same day of the week as you set them. If you set on a Thursday, they'd be due on a Thursday.
If you're still sure they are early, then you likely need to lower your temp next time you incubate. From what I've read, chicks that hatch early can have health issues. So you don't *want* them to hatch early (or late). You want them right on time. :)

I actually thought I would compromise the hatch or make it delayed because my temps were lower. I ran about the first two days and a steady 97 - 99 the rest. Very seldom hit 100.

I'll have to see what day of the week I sat them though, I didn't pay attention to that. :) Thanks.

Day 14 and did my candling: 8 out of 12 seem to still be in it :) got up the nerve to do Eggtopsies on the 4 I pulled out
1f631.png
2 looked like regular looking eggs, 1 had a watery yolk and 1 had a wee nubbin of a growth with some blood around it.

Still happy to see things ACTUALLY growing inside these eggs
1f601.png
1f60d.png
this my first time with an incubator (first time was with mama hen), and it's so awesome to be up close and personal with the process :)

Day 14 and did my candling: 8 out of 12 seem to still be in it :) got up the nerve to do Eggtopsies on the 4 I pulled out
1f631.png
2 looked like regular looking eggs, 1 had a watery yolk and 1 had a wee nubbin of a growth with some blood around it.

Still happy to see things ACTUALLY growing inside these eggs
1f601.png
1f60d.png
this my first time with an incubator (first time was with mama hen), and it's so awesome to be up close and personal with the process :)

Exciting! So close. :) good luck

Back
Top Bottom