Votes: 19 15.2%
  • 21-30

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • 31-40

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • 41 or more

Votes: 21 16.8%

• Total voters
ending day 5 here... I am being extremely good and not messing with anything, open the door to the spare room a few times a day to check on temp and all seems to be well, ranges between 101-102.. Room humidity is hovering at 39% (I don't track it in the incubator) Looking forward to candling tho :)

I candled with my cell phone light. Some looked good , some looked bad and others I couldn't see through. I will try again next week.

My first ever incubated eggs, and of course, first hatch along!
This is just 7 barnyard mix eggs from a local farm. Just doing a test hatch before I spend big bucks on Marans, Ameraucanas, and Silkie hatching eggs. I set them yesterday, so I figure someone will be interested in buying them from me for a Valentines gift... Nothing says love like three-day-old chicks! :)

My first ever incubated eggs, and of course, first hatch along!
This is just 7 barnyard mix eggs from a local farm. Just doing a test hatch before I spend big bucks on Marans, Ameraucanas, and Silkie hatching eggs. I set them yesterday, so I figure someone will be interested in buying them from me for a Valentines gift... Nothing says love like three-day-old chicks!
smile.png
So TRUE...lol!

Hope all goes well with oyur hatch!

I'm a new member, but have been keeping chickens for 7 years. I started with 4 Buff Orpington hens and a small coop. Now I have 6 coops and pens, and several different breeds of bantams, hybrids, and a couple of Pure breeds for a total of 50-60 chickens, depending on what day it is. I've finally gotten all the roosters and hens I want, so I bought a good incubator so I could hatch when I wanted. I just hatched 17 of 19 in a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance on my first run, so this past Friday I set 20 Cuckoo Marans and 4 White Crested Black Polish. I learned to shoot for a weekend hatch, so I'm planning on Feb. 6-7. I was so happy with the incubator that I ordered two Brinsea brooder heaters and candler, so I can update the egg progress after this weekend. I know how to candle with a flashlight and paper roll, but this is starting to turn into a real operation
big_smile.png

I'm a new member, but have been keeping chickens for 7 years. I started with 4 Buff Orpington hens and a small coop. Now I have 6 coops and pens, and several different breeds of bantams, hybrids, and a couple of Pure breeds for a total of 50-60 chickens, depending on what day it is. I've finally gotten all the roosters and hens I want, so I bought a good incubator so I could hatch when I wanted. I just hatched 17 of 19 in a Brinsea Octagon 20 Advance on my first run, so this past Friday I set 20 Cuckoo Marans and 4 White Crested Black Polish. I learned to shoot for a weekend hatch, so I'm planning on Feb. 6-7. I was so happy with the incubator that I ordered two Brinsea brooder heaters and candler, so I can update the egg progress after this weekend. I know how to candle with a flashlight and paper roll, but this is starting to turn into a real operation
big_smile.png
OOoh, aweosme!! I have been keeping chicken for 9 years now!!! And i only got on BYC like 9 months ago...

OOoh, aweosme!! I have been keeping chicken for 9 years now!!! And i only got on BYC like 9 months ago...
I just joined BYC, but have picked up a lot of tips here before I joined that have improved my husbandry much faster than trial and error. I learned how to strap a spraddle, boot a crooked toe, and wick during lockdown all on BYC. I would do Google searches, and always wound up on an old thread on BYC. It's a great site

Back
Top Bottom